Type R and VTEC owners

TBH If i had 30k on a car (wont happen if i wont win lottery) i would go for new gt86/brz + turbo over new civic. Both would cost around 30k but i think it would be more fun to drive. And civic got turbo anyway :/.
I love Hondas but new civic even with all that pimp my ride stuff looks crap(much better than stock one tho) compared to them Toyotas.

delta0 them 1500 pounds front brakes hurt wallet.

TBH If i had 30k on a car (wont happen if i wont win lottery) i would go for new gt86/brz + turbo over new civic. Both would cost around 30k but i think it would be more fun to drive. And civic got turbo anyway :/.
I love Hondas but new civic even with all that pimp my ride stuff looks crap(much better than stock one tho) compared to them Toyotas.

delta0 them 1500 pounds front brakes hurt wallet.

Are we getting a factory turbo gt86? Long over due if one comes. I would be tempted.

I would rather have turbocharged than factory turbo at lest you have proper map ect :) Think im not to keen on factory tuned cars. Would take factory one for remap anyway :P

anyhow caliper update. 45 pounds for calipers shipped 28 for 2x repair kit 3 hours today and
10711103_983991428283378_4086393540573336320_n.jpg

Just need to repaint them tomorrow got some paint in garage somewhere. Asked rebuild guys how much for rebuild would charge and.... 90 pounds for one LOL

paint stripper then bit of sandpaper 2 coats of new paint and:
10712725_984563348226186_4808484230050479889_n.jpg

Zeed quite happy with my small weekend project. Next weekend when it dries out will pop in to my mates garage and slam them on. Put old ones on ebay profit :)

Muffin what you did to em doors ??

Last edited:
Come on guys, didn't mean to start an argument over why GTR is better at £35k and why you shouldn't spend that much on a Civic. Like I said it's not me who spent the money, the previous owner did and not like he did it once, it was spent over the course of 2-3 years. Lastly, I got the car for a very good price so can't complain, if I had £35k spare myself, ofcourse I wouldn't mod a civic and get a GTR myself.

Anyways, here's the Dyno:

FCQQWtl.jpg

It's probably running only 5psi boost. So your only going to get 33% more torque. That's ignoring the effect of the turbo on exhaust flow comparing to an NA engine.

It's about the work done anyway which is better measured by the area under the curve. Don't forget the higher revs means lower gears and therefore more torque multiplication at wheels.

It's not turbo, It's supercharged and by looking at other supercharged type r's out there, they all seem to be running same amount of torque and Dogbreath, it still drives like a type r but with a lot more power, My FN2 before this was around 240bhp but this is a hell of a lot better :D

Back
Top Bottom