Type R and VTEC owners

I nearly ended up with that car soul but luckily I didn't. The guy you bought it off got all the issues sorted but he was close ish to TDI, if I had bought it then I'd be in a right pickle. I was toying with it before the guy you bought it from got it.

Man that car looks awesome with the kit. And I'm not normally a fan of the civic. That is a nice car!!

Thanks mate, I'll try get some better pictures once the weather picks up :)

I love the look of the Mugen kitted fn2s apart from that wing, it just looks stupid, tacked on like a carry handle, I'd much prefer the seeker add on spoiler or the FEELS ducktail thing instead.

I'm not keen on the seeker add on, seen it in person and didn't like it that much, Mugen spoiler is huge but it complete's the whole bold look that you get with the Mugen bumpers :)

Is the plate on the EP3 MF53 GVA? I miss my EP3 :(

Nope, Its NT53, for sale by the way :D

Silver FN2 looks mean

It sure does! :D

I nearly ended up with that car soul but luckily I didn't. The guy you bought it off got all the issues sorted but he was close ish to TDI, if I had bought it then I'd be in a right pickle. I was toying with it before the guy you bought it from got it.

Yup, The guy I bought it off lives 10 mins away from me, He bought the car, spent another £2500 on it (I have all reciepts there) to get all the little issues sorted and have the car remapped again and it's sublime now, funny thing is, after spending all that money, he only did 500 miles in the car :o

Suddenly my boot lock won't work on my 2005 type s.

When I press the fob I can hear the 4 door locks move, but can't hear anything from the boot one.

I put the seats down and popped the round grommet out and manually moved that black lever and it unlocked it, opened the boot, closed it and tried the fob to lock but it remained unlocked and still no noise.

I tried dc'ing a couple of power clips in that area, made no difference.

I've heard it could be the drivers side actuator but i'm not sure because the boot lock makes no noise at all so could it be something else?

I sprayed some wd40 about.

I don't mind attempting a fix rather than taking it somewhere.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Hank

there will be a little black button sitting somewhere on the boot closure - it's usually literally a pressure switch, i.e when the boot is closed the circuit is closed so it knows it can lock

Anyone with an R18 (1.8) Type-S? I only seem to get ~300 miles to a tank no matter how I drive it. It also sometimes feels a bit juddery low down but never feels like it lacks any power.

300 miles seems low tbh, and looking around ~350 is more like the norm. I drive 15 miles each way on my commute in a 50/50 mix of 30mph and 70mph roads and don't really sit in traffic. One dual carriageway is a little hilly though and it feels like hard work for the car, especially if its windy. I tend to change gear between 2 and 3krpm but I do give it a good blast from time to time too.

Any ideas? Cars done 96k and was well serviced by Honda in Feb. Air filter still looks clean and I've done about 10k since then. Is it worth me popping the EGR off and checking if that's blocked? I'm not getting any warnings or errors but you never know the CEL bulb might have been messed with.

I have filled up with Vpower last night, tank was virtually empty and car feels much smoother with Vpower. So I am wondering if it is a coking issue somewhere maybe.

Dup how many mpgs ware you getting before it started playing up ??

Well it's always been like this, only had the car 18 months and never paid much attention as I'm used to EP3 and MK1 MX-5 running costs.

It reports 33mpg over the last 3000 miles (never reset my secondary odo) which seems low tbh.

Back
Top Bottom