Type R and VTEC owners

Toda manifolds I agree are great, as are the Tegiwa copies sad to say. We are talking exhausts though. You'll have to go tell TDI their Dyno is wrong Simon.
Chris I regard Fujitsubo as an exception as I had one on my old Colt. Tegiwa again was a copy of that exhaust RM01 I think for FN2 and shock horror it fit perfectly.

Which dyno did I say was wrong. What engine are you talking about too. My comments are based on a S2000 which is far more sensitive to bolt ons than other engines as its already highly optimised.

You have said 3in exhaust make more power with a remap. However what about an exhaust alone. Also peak power I don't doubt but a 3 inch will lose lower down due to increased back pressure of lower exhaust gas velocity.

How does a remap on standard exhaust compare. Any remap in a older VTEC will release power as they run rich at top end.

Which dyno did I say was wrong. What engine are you talking about too. My comments are based on a S2000 which is far more sensitive to bolt ons than other engines as its already highly optimised.

You have said 3in exhaust make more power with a remap. However what about an exhaust alone. Also peak power I don't doubt but a 3 inch will lose lower down due to increased back pressure of lower exhaust gas velocity.

How does a remap on standard exhaust compare. Any remap in a older VTEC will release power as they run rich at top end.

They showed a comparison on whatever engine an EP3 has. Same map before and after fitting and it made more torque and BHP. I would have thought the same as you for the reasons stated.
I would try dig it up but FB is a banned site at work.

You having an etune Chris? I recall getting slated for having that done by all the barely knowitalls :rolleyes:

Yes mate. I'm trying to get him over though but it depends on how many people I could get to sign up. He's flown over before and people drop out, means he loses money. He's tuning race cars now so flying to the UK to tune a few cars in Surrey isn't the most rewarding work.

Awesome, I can understand why he'd be reluctant to do that though. Had a rather expensive start to mine as after the first 3 logs it was discovered my O2 sensor was on the blink.

No but it was a similar process, sending off data logs from Flash Pro and uploading new map every time. Had not heard of him at that point so I had mine done by a man who goes by "Vitviper". He does various bits in the USA and after reading about him for a few days went with him. Loved my car after it was finished, it's so dull stock.

No, I never felt the need to do it. There are a few that did it who lived closer to such facilities and they, from memory were pretty much spot on. Not one case of it being even remotely far out so I was happy with that.
If I had a good car I may have but wasn't really fussed on an 8k car I do less than 6000 miles a year in.

Capture-2.jpg

yeah. wow.

more expensive than an A45 AMG

Back
Top Bottom