Type R and VTEC owners

Really? Not sure if just trolling?

The stock tyres on mine at S-02, lethal in wet. Now i have F1AS2 which are miles better...

you seem to have missed my point entirely and just ran with the assumption I am trolling. again.

- bjn states that he is running RE070.
- I point out that in this region, they are a subaru specific tyre in 17" format
- other posters highlight that it isn't even a particularly good tyre in general.

you then go on to mention that any tyres that arent OE fit are the wrong tyres, despite my whole point being that the UK 17" RE070 is a tyre specific to subarus and there is little point running it on a honda when there are plenty of options available for a DC5 that are better and available in the OE size.

if anything, I am curious as to why this tyre is so popular with integra owners when they have a much wider and better choice available to them.

Last edited:
you seem to have missed my point entirely and just ran with the assumption I am trolling. again.

- I point out that in this region, they are a subaru specific tyre in 17" format
- other posters highlight that it isn't even a particularly good tyre in general.

you then go on to mention that any tyres that arent OE fit are the wrong tyres, despite my whole point being that the UK 17" RE070 is a tyre specific to subarus and there is little point running it on a honda when there are plenty of options available for a DC5 that are better and available in the OE size.

if anything, I am curious as to why this tyre is so popular with integra owners when they have a much wider and better choice available to them.

Rich because of the internets. :D

Some might like them due to the rock hard sidewalls, will bring any car alive which some people like but reality is on UK roads will probably have an adverse effect on handling except for the car they were specifically designed for.

AD08, AD08R, NS-2R are no doubt superior, but probably do cost more.

But let me tell you, I've run every type of tyre now and the semi slick tyre on a road car driven on the road are not as good as a decent summer tyre in anything but a red hot sunny day, AD08, Michelin cup, Pirelli corsa, 595 RSR they absolutely suck on the road even in the dry in our cooler climate.

A regular decent summer tyre, F1AS2, Michelin PS3/MPSS etc. is switched on instantly from the word go and when it is colder and/or wet they offer substancially higher grip levels and better ride quality on our roads.

My M3 and 911 from now will be wearing traditional summer tyres, for the 2 weeks a year we get of 25c hot sunny days we get its pointless using a semi-R on the road. For track work I'll just have another set of wheels fitted with slicks which make a semi-R look slow in comparison.

The only advantaged I would say to semi-R is they do give a race car feel, car more alive and in RWD stuff do move the balance more to oversteer once the fronts have some intitial heat in them from a good braking session.

I also like Powerstation, can't complain at the service I've had there, but I wanted someone who knows a little more about S2000's (not that PS don't!). Ordinarily I would only use TGM as I have been for years, but PA were great with my Evo and they're only 30 minutes up the road rather than almost 2 hours to Fleet.

I live close to Chippenham so it's about an hour for me but worth it.

Rich because of the internets. :D

Some might like them due to the rock hard sidewalls

so buy an RE050A then? same potenza sidewall stiffness, newer compound, better wet performance than the more track orientated RE070 and most importantly available in the manufacturer specified size.

theres loads of choice available in the OE fit size, why bother going for a compromised tyre that isn't the right size and not particularly astonishing?

You just appear to select 3 random quotes and linked them as some sort of proof.

Are they amazing in wet on a Subaru then. Do OEM Parts only work properly on the exact car they are specified for ? Is this why you bought your spoiler.

Anyway aware from the jokes. I do struggle with these tyre threads as the best tyres differ depending on driver, use of car, suspension, alignment and the car itself.

Some tyres hate certain cars. Look at Fox with his F10 and good years. He's always loved them on his cars but now hates them. Only change being the car

Do OEM Parts only work properly on the exact car they are specified for ?
Absolutely not. Where did I say that was the case? I'm asking what the point of choosing the wrong size tyre is when there is a much broader range available in the size designed for the car.
I've mentioned it a few times but you're struggling to grasp it?

Is this why you bought your spoiler.

What does my spoiler have to do with putting Impreza tyres on an Integra?
I don't know exactly what you're getting at with that.

Some tyres hate certain cars
A point confirmed by the DC5 owner posting saying him and his friend both tried the tyre in question and disliked it on their Integras.

I've lost track. are you agreeing with me here or... what's even happening?

I recall mentioning that RE070 were picked by honda as OEM fitment. This is a car built for a track and dry use.

Then you started talking about dc5s and wet performance.

That's it in a nutshell

so buy an RE050A then? same potenza sidewall stiffness, newer compound, better wet performance than the more track orientated RE070 and most importantly available in the manufacturer specified size.

theres loads of choice available in the OE fit size, why bother going for a compromised tyre that isn't the right size and not particularly astonishing?

The sidewall stiffness between the 070 and 050A is not the same. The two tyres are not even remotely similar, one is a road tyre for summer use and one is a bespoke semi-R tyre mainly for track and dry use designed specifically for certain cars.

Just like a Pirelli Pzero and Pirelli Corsa or Michelin MPSS and Michelin cup, they are not remotely similar.

I recall mentioning that RE070 were picked by honda as OEM fitment. This is a car built for a track and dry use.

Then you started talking about dc5s and wet performance.

That's it in a nutshell

And you would have a point if they were actually available in the UK in a variety of sizes, but you have a choice of a Subaru specific mould or a GTR specific runflat version.

The sidewall stiffness between the 070 and 050A is not the same. The two tyres are not even remotely similar, one is a road tyre for summer use and one is a bespoke semi-R tyre mainly for track and dry use designed specifically for certain cars.

Just like a Pirelli Pzero and Pirelli Corsa or Michelin MPSS and Michelin cup, they are not remotely similar.

Totally understand that, but the tyre is available in this region in one size that doesn't fit hondas designed for a Lexus, one size that doesn't fit many hondas designed for a Subaru and three sizes that don't fit any hondas and is a runflat designed for a GTR.

So the capabilities and merits of the RE070 are entirely pointless when the application range is so limited.

Simon mentioned that they are OEM fit on the S2000 CR in the states. That may well be, and I'm sure Honda chose them for a number of reasons, but you can't get them in enough sizes over here to bother with them. There are enough sport/trackday tyres available in this country in a wide variety of sizes for the lack of range on RE070 to not be an issue.

Weren't they known for being a bit rubbish on the GTR hence the swap to Dunlop? Pretty sure I remember a video showing a GTR on 070s in the wet getting beat by a much more humble hot hatch.

Weren't they known for being a bit rubbish on the GTR hence the swap to Dunlop? Pretty sure I remember a video showing a GTR on 070s in the wet getting beat by a much more humble hot hatch.

Yes correct, the Dunlop on the GTR is superior and inspires more confidence particular in wet as sidewalls are a tad softer. A lot of GTR guys now fit MPSS.

Just spent £26.26 on a honda s2000 passenger side front strake, basically the mudflap but i believe it has a play in aero dynamics, noticed it was missing last week, problem is now re-fitting the new one as the old mounting holes snapped off along with the old strake, dont fancy paying honda another £98 for a new passenger side arch liner!

This is something I was looking at doing on my newly purchased s2000 - mines drivers side missing. Not sure there's much point though and tempted to remove?

I went to Performance Autoworks today to have my new exhaust & decat fitted. While it was there I asked for a once over, some fluid changes and a geo check/tweak.

The exhaust quality is top notch, no fitting issues at all and it sits really well on the bumper.

Noise wise it's excellent. The video makes it sound much louder and raspier than what it actually is. Sat on the motorway there is no drone unless doing between 2-3k rpm, so just sit in a slightly higher gear. But doing 70-80 mph it's fine and not too different than stock. At normal revs when making progress there is a smooth kind of tone to it, almost like the car has more than 4 cylinders. I'm very pleased with it.

I'll try and get more pics over the next few weeks.

AZRKSDH.jpg

VkY4xC5.jpg

QgNMmLW.jpg

HQ30JFC.jpg

The old exhaust:

2YZZVpz.jpg

Here's a quick vid I did tonight.

It certainly feels quicker now than it did before. Probably the placebo effect of the exhaust but who cares.
Pulling off the roundabout at about 1 min 10 secs felt like it pulled really well right through the revs.

Back
Top Bottom