Type R and VTEC owners

Have you done a track day in it?

I honestly found that Honda Discs, Honda pads, RBF 600 fluid and the master cylinder brace were the best combination. You had to work really hard to cook the brakes, and by that time, you were ready to pit in anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsbr9SB5hn0

That was me on that combo at Bedford, part 2 goes on a for about another 8 minutes... 16 minutes on the track is quite a decent session, and Bedford has 4/5 corners where you're braking from over 100 (130 ish at the end of the main straight, 120 ish on the second one, 115 ish on the one after the s bends that starts with a hairpin, and 115 ish at the end of the start finish straight.)

Video gets going from about 5:20 when the black 911 overtakes

No but been on track in two EP3's, a DC5 and an ATR over the years with different brake combinations so I have a fair bit of experience with it.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you hadn't done track days, just that the S2000 honestly does ok on the stock brakes on track :)

Try the Honda OEM with decent fluid and a master cylinder brace. You'll be pleasantly surprised. The S2000 is quite involving on track, so in my experience its quite tiring to pedal quickly, so you won't be doing 30-40 minute sessions.

No no. You have to spend loads of money of stuff for it to be pro. Look at the Elise-working from a benchmark is not the done thing here.

When in reality a £120 set of Ebc yellows will do for most people. I'm hard on the brakes too if you mean braking late and hard. Other people are even harder on brakes by braking early and gently.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you hadn't done track days, just that the S2000 honestly does ok on the stock brakes on track :) .

What I mean is that I have been on track in plenty of Honda's which are meant to have decent brakes and I've found that for my needs they haven't been good enough.

Performance Autoworks have suggested RC5+.

And people should take note, especially those with a DC2.

Truly amazing pads and still look only partially used since I installed them about 4yrs ago. The Brembo blank discs are nigh on toast, so £100 will refresh them all around (EBC blanks on the rear).

I wouldn't buy another pad unless they provided free 18yr old swedish virgins as part of the package.......... and gave me the feel and stopping power of the rc5+.

small update from myself 1000km since oil change after rebuild/brake in. Most of those miles above 4500rpm on motorway (gotta love 4500rpm@80mph on 5th :/)

20141117_175012.jpg

have not moved at dipstick at all very happy with rebuild :)
But last weekend my clutch slave cylinder went heh picking black beast tomorrow.

An i forgot to post results of my caliper DIY rebuild. Thats how they looked after week of drying in garage :)
20141026_123442.jpg

Last edited:
Spent this morning at center gravity having a thorough inspection of my s2000, since i have owned it have not felt safe in the car and wanted to know if it was just me or the actual cars geo, My front geo bolts are all free, and all within hondas spec, my rear geo bolts however are all frozen solid, caster and camber are within a good spec and the guy said he would not of changed them by much if they were free anyway, my toe however was horrendous and apparently that is the one that counts the most for handling, and is why i have no confidence with the car as the back end is apparently not planted at all and pretty much has no grip around corners and is very dangerous!

Plan is for me to go and buy two new bushs and bolts and cut out my old ones and replace them with the new ones which is fairly easy on the toe arm, need to go back then and get a propper geo, in the mean time im on strict orders to drive carefully!

I would recommend the place in a heart beat, got a free bacon sarnie and loads of tea/coffee cost me £112.50, for the thorough check and also will get discounted £50 on the final geo when i go back!

I also have seized bolts, but luckily it's just camber on the rear and caster on the front and they are seized with the geo within tolerance. I have toe adjust-ability all round.

If down the line I decide to add coilovers then I'd have to get them sorted.

The bolts/adjusters/nuts are not cheap. Be ready to be raped or plan ahead and buy from Honda US.

All my adjusters were stuck solid on mine so all needed cutting out and replacing by WIM. Was over a grand in total with cost of polybushes on top.

You got lucky then! i cant believe how easy the fronts were to loosen, no force needed at all, not sure if the spraying them every day with penetrating oil made a difference on them, but could not of hurt.

I will get the camber and caster sorted eventually as i like everything to be sorted and it will bug me, but they can wait for the time being and will focus on toe so i can get a good geo to try out and enjoy the car next summer all being well

The bolts/adjusters/nuts are not cheap. Be ready to be raped or plan ahead and buy from Honda US.

All my adjusters were stuck solid on mine so all needed cutting out and replacing by WIM. Was over a grand in total with cost of polybushes on top.

If i have found the correct bolts, i have not hit buy yet as i am unsure and dont want to end up with the wrong ones, but for the two bolts its £33 plus delivery, and for the two bush's its £40 plus del, and then a good mornings work for me to cut them and replace. Think for center gravity to do it for me was going to be around £150 per bush.

The bolts aren't the issue really. It's the adjuster sleeve that the bolt runs through where it seizes to the metal bush inner. Meaning they cannot be adjusted.

The Castor adjustor is a bolt £9.5, a nut £46 and adjustor £35. And that's just one side!

Bought this a few weeks ago due to first baby arriving soon, mc2

1622715_10152850779008714_647473905834645792_n.jpg

1970497_10152850790013714_3639448016004559104_n.jpg

And sadly had to get shot of my eg6 and got stiched on the price I felt but it had to go :( I miss it.

1492520_763945376997173_8541052579063846886_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom