Type R and VTEC owners

Someone has sent you a message:

Email: [email protected]

Name: Nick

Phone:

" Hi, I hope this placed ad is still up for grabs.,,If yes please get back at me on email address provided so that we can discuss also state final asking price while doing so and more pictures would be appreciated
Nick "

Nice try.

Im going to remove the top speed limiter on my DC5 soon. I hear its just Dash cluster out which can be done easily rather then having to remove whole dash.

Then its just a matter of runing a wiring from Green White wire pin in cluster to the brown on the ECU.

Is it really that simple? Sounds like it would take an hour tops, true?

Problem with moving the limiter from 180kph to 180mph is you screw up the gear ratio the ECU sees and the ECU calibration has certain trims depending on the gear the car is in.

kph - MPH converters should really be on the cluster feed if possible rather than the VSS signal from the gearbox.

LupoLover i just went back to kph. Converter solution sucks baaaad speedo is so inaccurate. Maybe f you invest in some better converter that you can fine tune but dont even think about that standard cheap ****.

btw. Chap that imported my dc2 had it next to gearbox and i wad doing 30 while speedo was at 35-36 more or less...

Problem with moving the limiter from 180kph to 180mph is you screw up the gear ratio the ECU sees and the ECU calibration has certain trims depending on the gear the car is in.

kph - MPH converters should really be on the cluster feed if possible rather than the VSS signal from the gearbox.

Yeah I have no VTEC in 1st some times :D

:(

Muffin`thake that bloody thing out then mate... If you want MPHs just get uk dials it is 5 minute swap.

I had to rewire everything in EG6 to put ITR guage cluster in but was worth it :)
244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom