Type R and VTEC owners

Renewal for the S2000 has just come through. £500 with 4 years NCD, 6 points and a total loss claim in 2009. Not really sure what I paid last year as it was changed mid year from the Evo with a refund of £20. From memory, the Evo was in the £600 region. I'm not sure I'll get anywhere haggling, I can't get it sub £500 on the comparison sites. First time in a long time I've been happy with a renewal!

Sorry, for comparison, for the last year I had my S2000, at 25 with 1 non fault accident, and 3 Points on an SP30 I was paying £400 through Chris Knott. I think that was a £350 excess, no voluntary excess, and all the usual stuff like legal cover, euro cover, etc

The problem I have is that I've got 6 points and a total loss claim over £10000 from writing my DC5 off. I'll do the ring around game next week but will more than likely just renew with Sky.

I rang Chris Knott and they quoted £450, I then rang Sky back and they've quoted £440. :D

I'll try some others if I get time in between sorting out buying a house.

Since my 2x LCA for my s2000 arrived i made a start this morning de-bushing the arms ready for when i cut my old arms out, 1 inner bush out 3 to go!

Just need to hack the outer shell of the old bush and chisel it out, Replacing the bush's with powerflex.

Just so you know, i am neither a mechanic nor have i done anything like this before, so its going to be an "interesting" project which will hopefully turn out ok if i take my time with it

Last edited:
Admiral seem decent. I'm paying £250 a year for my s2000 but that's with no claims

I was with Greenlight and my renewal came through at £400, got Admiral for £270 and only difference is that they won't replace my mods (all one of them) like for like which I don't care about.
For modified cars though Greenlight were unbeatable at the time but close to standard not so great.

26iX4xs.jpg

Days like this I love not having a hardtop. Just jump in, put the roof down and drive.

Is that roof all the way down. I guess it's cold so might be stiff.

In this weather it's worth warming up the interior a bit before lowering the roof helps stop the vinyl cracking (really important on the older models cos the plastic rear window folds in half when the roof goes down)

No it wasn't all the way down due to the cold.

My roof is pretty knackered anyway mate, but will let it warm up a little in the future, cheers.

Will get round to getting it replaced next year hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom