Type R and VTEC owners

Managed to find a breaker with one and paid for delivery so i had the arm on friday costing an extra £15, waited all day for it to come and it never showed up, and has not come today either, found another breaker in Sheffield that had a s2000 in and went over to get the wishbone when i arrived the wishbone was still on the car and the guy was reluctant to cut the bolt off, so still not got a wishbone! the one i bought should hopefully come monday but im at work so wont be in to get delivery.

trip to Sheffield was not a total waste of time as i ended up buying a oem rear low level spoiler for the s2k, just need to get it sprayed as its in blue, and my car is red.

Must remember the S2K is not a 'plant your foot and 4WD/FWD will pull you through' car and resist 3rd gear VTEC on a damp road through a sweeping left hander.

Finally got my delivery for the s2000 wishbone yesterday, i tried it in the car and it fitted in fine with the duff bushes still in, this morning i have managed to de-bush the arm but a colleque hit it with a hammer a few times to try and free it up so im hoping this arm is not now bent, wont find out until i finish work at 5pm, its going to be a long and anxious wait!

All being well if its not bent and still fits the car with the powerflex bushes pushed in its getting a quick rub down with a wire brush and a paint with some POR-15 and fitted tomorrow so should have the s2000 back up and running by the weekend, its been a horrible 3 weeks, with the S being my only car!

Wish i could finish work now in order to just see if it still fits

New car (nothing too exciting) should be here in March/April. So the S2000 will have to go, prices still seem all over the place even in winter. Hopefully I'll get a decent price for it come spring, just need to keep it tidy and sort a few little things out.

got the s2000 back together last night finished around 11pm but got it done! went to take it to a local garage for a quick alignment and the car was shaking all over the place, i initially thought something was loose/snapped and stopped a few times it was crabbing extremely badly so much so the car shook side to side going less than 5mph.

garage i took it to had a hunter machine but it was broke, so the guy could only set the rear toe to honda spec not not the camber, had to eye ball the camber, going to drive it like this for a few miles to bed everything in and hopefully going to get a full alignment done at another place this saturday

already though i can feel the difference the adjustable toe has made from before, first time the car has given me a smile going around a corner felt like it was on rails!

Right guys, barely use this EP3 as I have a few cars along with my supercharged Fn2, so had it valeted and putting it up for sale tonight, do these pictures look okay? Took one from every angle so the buyer can see what they are buying.

HlMNs3V.jpg
J5gJqVN.jpg
xWuOCqW.jpg
foZr1et.jpg
fFleqHU.jpg
lWiDSaI.jpg
QYBhkA3.jpg
J70Twbm.jpg
PYRlbQk.jpg
4tcCT6t.jpg
uuXG3Op.jpg
KXqnbhL.jpg

Looks good dude. (swap for an Astra turbo? lol)

All I can say is all your pics have loads of exposure added so they look deeper and shinier than I am sure they are in real life, not to say that they're likely to look bad in the flesh! But all your pics look like the exposure has been ramped up... just an idea for more honest images :)

EP3 looks great SS. Do like the premier.

Thanks tim, How's the S2000 treating you? :)

Wow that looks very nice. I noticed the prices on the ep3s are up and down all the time. I'd love one in the near future.

Always like that but they seem to be holding onto their value for now :)

Looks good dude. (swap for an Astra turbo? lol)

All I can say is all your pics have loads of exposure added so they look deeper and shinier than I am sure they are in real life, not to say that they're likely to look bad in the flesh! But all your pics look like the exposure has been ramped up... just an idea for more honest images :)

Cheers Stormster, Phone pics on full auto and it tends to over expose a bit. I need to get myself a decent dslr :)

Can anyone help what my mates Ep3 would be worth, I'm borrowing it at the minute and am possibly thinking of buying it but probably just selling it to get the money back he owes me.

04 facelift silver, just passed mot yesterday
95k miles with full history (honda stamped upto about 60k then receipts for genuine parts since as our other mate works at honda and does the work cash in hand)
Civic Type S "penta" wheels with 4x new tyres
New genuine honda clutch
New genuine honda discs + pads all round for mot
Refurb rear calipers & handbrake cables for mot

It drives spot on, engine doesn't tap or smoke at high revs like another friends EP3 does. However the main bad point that would put me off is both back arches have rust on the lips just up from the sills, it looks pretty bad to be fair. The rest of the bodywork is tidy but not immaculate, quite a few stonechips etc. interior is clean with no rips and not been smoked in.

I think I could get this for £2k, does this sound about on the money?

Can anyone help what my mates Ep3 would be worth, I'm borrowing it at the minute and am possibly thinking of buying it but probably just selling it to get the money back he owes me.

04 facelift silver, just passed mot yesterday
95k miles with full history (honda stamped upto about 60k then receipts for genuine parts since as our other mate works at honda and does the work cash in hand)
Civic Type S "penta" wheels with 4x new tyres
New genuine honda clutch
New genuine honda discs + pads all round for mot
Refurb rear calipers & handbrake cables for mot

It drives spot on, engine doesn't tap or smoke at high revs like another friends EP3 does. However the main bad point that would put me off is both back arches have rust on the lips just up from the sills, it looks pretty bad to be fair. The rest of the bodywork is tidy but not immaculate, quite a few stonechips etc. interior is clean with no rips and not been smoked in.

I think I could get this for £2k, does this sound about on the money?

£2k sounds way too cheap unless its a write off car, £3-4k i would say is more likely.

He paid £4500 for it from a dealer 2 years ago with 75k miles on it but the arches looked fine when he bought it, now seems obvious that both rear quarters were blown over to hide the rust as within 6 months the rust was showing and now they do look pretty bad.

Can't be worth much more than £2500 in that condition surely, will be very costly to sort the rust properly. I've spoke to him and can get it for £2k if I want it, if not its going on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom