Type R and VTEC owners

I'm a complete Honda fan, but nothing would sway me to get the new Type R if it's anything like what the spy photo's look like. Even the Kia Cee'd GT thing or whatever it's called looks better.

I'll call him tomorrow on my way home from London.

Just a heads up that he normally books up months in advance for weekend dates. Had to wait 2 months with a leaky roof for mine to be done.

He has his bad reviews but also has his good ones, seemed a decent guy but very much a case of leave car with him and leave him to it was the impression I got. Didn't bother me as went for a wander & had a nice lunch etc :)

Just a heads up that he normally books up months in advance for weekend dates. Had to wait 2 months with a leaky roof for mine to be done.

He has his bad reviews but also has his good ones, seemed a decent guy but very much a case of leave car with him and leave him to it was the impression I got. Didn't bother me as went for a wander & had a nice lunch etc :)

How far is he from the Cinema? I forgot to get in touch, will try and remember to do it later.

AA man came. Ex honda mechanic, tried to Rock it in 2nd and get it to go over so the car would roll. Couldn't do it so he's saying engines seized. Still oil in it so something's given in and I won't know till it's been taken apart so it's been sent to Honda.

Not having much luck at all. Oil at the bottom of the sump
But nothing seems to have cracked at all. Worst case is
Engine will Have to be rebuilt.

Coincidence after getting VC done? I bet it was serviced by a novice at franchise dealer, which is why I would never use one, too many bad ones around. Probably overtightened valve lash and your valves have smoked out, possibly camshaft damage too.

Does seem to be mighty coincidental that it has happened so soon after getting clearances done. Has it gone back to the same Honda franchise that done the work?

If they were too tight then it's possible it could have caused some serious damage, which would then lead onto other problems in itself. I'm not even sure of the extent of damage it could cause to be honest. If they've sent parts off to Technical then it would suggest that they think something has failed. Fingers crossed for you!

I don't know to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable. It might just be a coincidence, but the engine is much much quieter as you can see in the vid I posted. They may have over-tightened them, this could explain the smoke coming out of the air filter, who knows.

Codes have been stored on the ECU apparently, but the EML doesn't stay lit on, so they could be old codes. Car was fine albeit tappety before it went to Honda.

Always have a bad experience with Hondas lol.

It will be quieter because the valve clearance is no longer loose, they only become noisy when loose. There should be no smoke coming from the air filter really, you sure its not from underneath or somewhere, if you had oil all around the sump, some of it could have gone onto the hot exhaust which would have burnt off the oil causing the smoke.

How long was your car left with the dealer? Because the VC have to be done when engine is stone cold, basically left switched off overnight in practical terms.

With Type R's and any performance car really, you should always check thoroughly and any signs of any damage or issues walk away because more often then not these cars are ragged to death by owners and not treated properly.

Out of interest what work did they actually carry out apart from VC? If overtightened VC has caused the issue, the least worry scenario is replacing a few burnt out valves. Hopefully its something less serious!

Back
Top Bottom