Type R and VTEC owners

Regardless, as it's the same dealer / group that you bought the car from the in the first place, they should not have sold it on to you without checking that first in my opinion. You've barely had the car, and to have it catastrophically fail like that, surely the onus is on the dealer here?

All of which are points worth mentioning to whoever you deal with. Put the pressure on them, don't let them pressure you bud.

I thought you had bought it from a Honda dealer hence why I said the above, my mistake! So yeah this should firmly lie with Honda. Here's hoping they don't try to wash their hands of it and pass it off!

Vita, I know it may not do much to make you feel better, and whilst I can understand the stress involved in all of this.

Its just a car. whilst the failure is inconvenient for sure, it was only mechanical and wasnt a failure that was dangerous to you or passengers.

just look at the bigger picture, keep your chin up.

hope it all gets sorted out really quickly for you mate :)

Vita, I know it may not do much to make you feel better, and whilst I can understand the stress involved in all of this.

Its just a car. whilst the failure is inconvenient for sure, it was only mechanical and wasnt a failure that was dangerous to you or passengers.

just look at the bigger picture, keep your chin up.

hope it all gets sorted out really quickly for you mate :)

Yes, seconded. I'm the same Vita, I get so stressed out with things like this, but ultimately you need to remind yourself of what could have been.

I had a £700 service carried out by Audi on my S3, 1 day later it wouldnt start and realised it was pumping out petrol underneath everytime I was trying to start the car. The whole process of complaining and worrying about what may be wrong with the car and how Audi would respond was awful.

Now its just a memory :)

Do not pay for Honda to rebuild that car. If you want to keep it there will be far cheaper ways of resolving it. Personally I would not accept that its just coincidence they worked on the car days before, but that's yoircall

Is this the Garage you bought it from? If not then they won't do anything without being paid, or knowing who will pay. speak to the seller and the 'warranty' company.

I'm sorry to say, but if it is the timing chain that's caused the damage, which given the K20, it is entirely possible, then I don't see how the garage could be responsible. :(

Again that's their word. Garages do lie so I need some hard proof. I'll have to wait till Monday to hear back from Honda.
I mean Honda.

However I think you have certain statutory rights with regards to the garage that sold you the car, the fact it's had an issue so close to purchase would make me want to look into my options.

Back
Top Bottom