Type R and VTEC owners

From my Mechanic cause talked about them K20s :
timing chain stretches and makes mincemeat out of the valves We done almost 30 so far, and 4 this year !!!!
I seen TDI north got allot of ****ed K20s to THIS YEAR

So by looks of it thats it for those engines RIP K20 2014/2015
Flocking Rocker covers ?? WTF
223.jpg

EP3s Barrys killing them off.

I guess if i Would buy ANY EP3 first thing i would do is Timing chain and water pump changed !!!

Timing chain wear is probably cause of the oil all these honda boys use which is cool because it's purple...

Dont be silly, they often say as a summary to their detailed analysis when changing aformention lubrication product. "Ive not had any problems".

This is where frequent oil changes does more harm than good too as the tensioner has more time being operated dry. Royally purple dry humped.

Last edited:
Getting a new roof at the end of March, it's being fitted by Jack in Swansea, I will report back with pics when done.

I need to get round to booking both cars in at Honda actually as services are due soon. The Accord in 3000 miles and with doing ~850 a week that won't take long to get to, and the S2000 in April, but I need to work out exactly what it needs. It had an oil change about 1000 miles ago when the exhaust was fitted and the expensive service was done last April so I need to read up on the servicing schedule for them.

Last edited:
My plan is to change oil every Year now after rebuild. Not looking at mileage as i dont do more than 2500 miles anyway But out of those 1500 miles are at 4500rpm+ :] Gearbox oil every 5000 miles cause Spoon said so :haha

And 30 pounds extra every 2 years in my case is nothing. Not to mention i finished off one gearbox even tho I was running MTF inside (god knows what was b4)
At lest if new box gest S80 is worth rebuild money and could drop longer 5th gear while at it :D

Last edited:
Vita if you want some VTEC kicks, get a 7th gen Accord in 2.4 Type S guise, owned by an old man or something and then fit a littlebo ECU. I would personally stay away from Civics.

What he makes up for in repair costs he'll be spending on fuel - those 2.4 units are THIRSTY for how little power they produce compared to the EP3 / ITR K20.

Dont be silly, they often say as a summary to their detailed analysis when changing aformention lubrication product. "Ive not had any problems".

This is where frequent oil changes does more harm than good too as the tensioner has more time being operated dry. Royally purple dry humped.

Its a big problem for many OEMs, but i guess esters are great at everything.

1000mle + 'soon' before a service where you want to keep FHSH and so they will change the oil again?

What's the problem exactly? It wasn't marked in the service book, I just had an invoice from PA who did the work.

All I did over the summer was drive the car hard, I wanted fresh oil in it for the winter. I've done less miles in it due to my work situation than I expected to do. Again I don't see the issue?

What he makes up for in repair costs he'll be spending on fuel - those 2.4 units are THIRSTY for how little power they produce compared to the EP3 / ITR K20.

Not really, the fuel economy can easily average 35mpg on motorway runs, it wont be any worse than the K20, I've seen some on the Accord club with over 35mpg from memory.

The power is plenty, its only 7bhp low on the Ep3, and perhaps 100kg heavier (which is a lot, but you get more benefits), but it has a lot more low down torque. The reason why they feel slow is because the OEM map on the ECU is awful, as I said get the littlebo ECU reflash and the car is totally transformed.

Going on from another thread of Vita, he mentioned he does mostly motorway runs and is expecting a child, so the Accord is ideal for him and you have a lot less barry boy civics to contend with. Find one owned by a mature owner and it will most likely be a goodun with very little stress put on it.

You won't find a better jekyll and hyde car than the Accord.

Back
Top Bottom