Type R and VTEC owners

Flushed clutch throught with a vacc bleeder. Pedal is now back to normal and feels good but has highlighted my clutch biting point is high (

Gave the S2000 a wash, including arches with wheels off and underside. Replaced all the broken arch liner clips. New front disks and stock honda pads on too.

Car feels and looks good again except the crap arches. 165k and daily use is taking its toll.

Took it 3 miles down road and wheels look like someone has sprinkled salt all over them :(

Simon I dont even pay attention to looks so much only goal is to have no rust. Front bumper is on cable ties. Under car plastics are long time gone even wheal arch plastics ones are on cable ties. Gotta love curbs pot holes and speed bumps with low car :P

And if it goes for ep3s
10978529_1053484538000733_22992723605874488_n.jpg

Guess what happened there......

Last edited:
Hi, I used to own this:

DSC02006.jpg

Loved it. Bought in 2007, sold two and a half years later, and regretted it ever since. Brilliant sounding 4-pot engine, it was an absolute riot to drive. Since then I've had a couple of MX5s, Primera GT, MR2 Turbo, E36 and E46 328i, Puma, Clio 172 and my fave, convertible 350Z.

I had a go in a mates FN2 last year, and was surprised. It gets some fairly harsh comments and reviews levelled at it, but I really enjoyed it. I'm getting on a bit now (36) and enjoy *some* create comforts. It reminded me of the teg in areas that mattered, but also had a nice interior and a decent stereo, cruise and working air con.

I've driven an EP3 before, but I wasn't really that impressed with that, I prefer the FN2, which is probably an unpopular opinion, but hey, it is what it is :)

Anyway he's offered to sell it to me for a frankly outrageous price (more money than sense, gets bored easily), so I'm likely going to chop my E46 328 for it. It just feels a bit more exciting overall, I'm quite looking forward to getting a hot Honda, so much fun to thrash the ******** off. :D

FishLicker i see that plastic between bumper and bonnet did not fit either. It never does :/
Wish i could grab one of those nice Mugen type bumpers that utilize that crappy plastic iw spend hours trying to line it all up and after few speed bumps back to semi fit :/

GT3 at lest plastic fits on that DC2 :D Bet you could get here on road for around 8-10k

Mate of mine has spent some fairly serious money on his fn2 with grinspeed (fitting cams, lsd, suspension and more than one exhaust system), always been happy with them. Would be one of my go to places now if I still had a Honda.

Fitted a k&n fipk to my s2000 this weekend

Why?

Flushed clutch throught with a vacc bleeder. Pedal is now back to normal and feels good but has highlighted my clutch biting point is high (

Gave the S2000 a wash, including arches with wheels off and underside. Replaced all the broken arch liner clips. New front disks and stock honda pads on too.

Car feels and looks good again except the crap arches. 165k and daily use is taking its toll.

Took it 3 miles down road and wheels look like someone has sprinkled salt all over them :(

What is your long term plan for the S2k? I want my arches fixing but I'm not sure it's worth it on a 4.5k car.

im sure it would add value to it Tim. especially to the right buyer.

I know if i was looking at an early car that had the work carried out, i would be more willing to play ball with pricing and not use it to haggle

Because removing the lid from the oem airbox gives you the same noise and heatsoak attributes as the k&n.

Well it cost me £100, so its not a fortune, and dyno runs have shown loss of power with the box removed, and as far as i am aware the FIPK does not suffer from heat soak as long as the box is fully sealed when the bonnet is closed?

Back
Top Bottom