Type R and VTEC owners

This is similar to the 8th gen scenario, everyone hated on it and as soon as it became affordable for a lot of people it suddenly shot in popularity. This will happen again.

So cage, no aircon, no audio, what else? Uprated pads, cheeky engine tune?

I'd like to know what a production car does bridge to gantry.

Either way, having driven the 'ring, it looks ******* quick. Fair play.

it looks pretty much the same.

- wing looks frankly, identical.
- rear bumper looks dead similar but with double the amount of pointless exhaust tips.
- bonnet slope looks identical
- headlight shape is similar
- rear arches look similar
- fenders have similar flares to the mugen fn2 on the left

jv0PFpQ.jpg

I do hope you're having a private conversation and not trying to flog stuff in this thread again...

Thats what I mean, I think they just looked at a Mugen FN2 and carried the looks over onto the new Type R, here's my Type R for comparison, only thing I dont have on my car is Mugen Fenders:

hy4hW9O.jpg
a4kVXxw.jpg

dont you like the F1 due to the extra compliance in the sidewalls on the road?

the RE002 is a typical potenza, stiff sidewall affair going off everything i read.

You also don't have the Mugen Bonnet. The one RJ quoted only has the front/rear splitter and not full Aero like yours does. Point stands though, looks similar. Be interesting to see what the tuners can do with this engine and what (if any) issues it has.

Last edited:
dont you like the F1 due to the extra compliance in the sidewalls on the road?

the RE002 is a typical potenza, stiff sidewall affair going off everything i read.

Yeah seems to work well. Just not sure if its worth a try of something new especially as the RE002 seem to be good in the dry.

Sod it - stick to what i know :)

The FN2 looked good though and the 8th gen in general, the 9th gen is a total mess and they have made an even bigger mess with the stick on bits on the new CTR. The main criticism of the FN2 was the performance stats, everyone loved the looks, this new one has all the right figures but not the looks.

They have released the nurburgring footage, and it doesn't sound very good either.

Flat rear tyre today, but tyres have done 11k and near limit so not end of world.

Do I try RE002 or stick with F1AS2 is the question

I'm very happy with my RE002.

I went from..

T1R (came on the car, floppy and crap)
KU31 (great, but wore out in 7000 miles)
PE2 (very good, but loud, constantly thought my wheel bearings were shot)
RE002 (better than the PE2 and quieter)
RE002 (second set :cool: )

Mine is a DC2, so I'm somewhat limited in which tyres are available to me.

The only other tyre I'd consider now is AD08R

Anyone else EP3 judder quite badly at high speeds?

Also what the hell speed would you have to do to hit V-Tec in 6th?

I've not tried because it's stupid and if it judders at 80 I think it would fall apart lol

If I pay £2400 or £2500 for http://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/55-reg-honda-civic-1.6-vtec-sport-cosmic-grey-not-type-r-/1102715870 would you still consider this as a rip off? I don't think she'll go that low, there's always http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201501190273668 But than again its going to be hard negotiating the price. There's nothing to use as an argument to lower down the price...

Theres always something to use to get the price down ;) Just find as much minor faults as you can like the air con not blowing cold enough and bang on about it, or some blowing noise from exhaust or something, works for me, 2.5k max should be okay if your heart is really set on one.

You also don't have the Mugen Bonnet. The one RJ quoted only has the front/rear splitter and not full Aero like yours does. Point stands though, looks similar. Be interesting to see what the tuners can do with this engine and what (if any) issues it has.

I do have a Genuine Mugen bonnet aswell but it's not fitted at the moment and yes you're correct, I have the Genuine Mugen Aero bumpers not the splitters.

Soul.Survivor Your FN2 looks so much better than this new abomination :)

Thank you Lord, it's probably quicker aswell, 320bhp super charged with a 9400 rpm redline :D (Limited to 8900rpm now)

Back
Top Bottom