Type R and VTEC owners

Theres always something to use to get the price down ;) Just find as much minor faults as you can like the air con not blowing cold enough and bang on about it, or some blowing noise from exhaust or something, works for me, 2.5k max should be okay if your heart is really set on one.

I went to see the grey and managed to get the price down to £2600. But something just didn't feel right, 1 guy talked to me on the phone another came in the car and we weren't seeing the car at his house as he only told me a location and random door number... We than went to a parking lot, I asked him why is did he came in the car and not his brother. I think I even spoke to a 3rd other person on the phone, as he had an British accent were the guy I talked to later on through the phone was Indian. Anyway... So far all 3-4 cars I have seen been dodgy in some ways and the sellers weren't accurate with their car descriptions either...

ATM this is the only other car which is worht viewing http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201501190273668 . But lowering the price to £2500 seems like mission impossible...

Apparent the addition of the cage matched the weight lost through aircon and audio removal.

£29,995 and £32,295 for the premium one. :)

How much are:
M135i
Golf R
S3
Megane
Leon
[other similar hatches]

Can't really compare it to the RS3, AMG as they're about 10k more.

If the RS is similar money too Honda are going to have some cracking deals going to shift these over here.

I went to see the grey and managed to get the price down to £2600. But something just didn't feel right, 1 guy talked to me on the phone another came in the car and we weren't seeing the car at his house as he only told me a location and random door number... We than went to a parking lot, I asked him why is did he came in the car and not his brother. I think I even spoke to a 3rd other person on the phone, as he had an British accent were the guy I talked to later on through the phone was Indian. Anyway... So far all 3-4 cars I have seen been dodgy in some ways and the sellers weren't accurate with their car descriptions either...

ATM this is the only other car which is worht viewing http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201501190273668 . But lowering the price to £2500 seems like mission impossible...

What makes you think you can't buy this for £2.5k? Have you actually offered less than that or are you assuming? People constantly try stupid offers when you're selling a car - maybe your stupid offer will be a bit less daft then the rest

How much are:
M135i
Golf R
S3
Megane
Leon
[other similar hatches]

Can't really compare it to the RS3, AMG as they're about 10k more.

If the RS is similar money too Honda are going to have some cracking deals going to shift these over here.

Can't resist, but 33k buys you a V8 Mustang, ok not remotely similar car but shows the value of the Ford, be interesting to see where they price the RS considering it's power and decent AWD setup.

I do like this new Civic and it's a great achievement that lap time, should be an epic road and track car, but 30k for a hot hatch, but it guess this new era of hatches are more like hyper hatches as most of them are circa 300 horses now. :)

EP3 ten years ago was £17k with aircon, I guess that's inflation.

Running one of these should be cheap, running some of the cars mentioned above won't be.

EP3 ten years ago was £17k with aircon, I guess that's inflation.

Running one of these should be cheap, running some of the cars mentioned above won't be.

Advantage of modern turbo cars, good power, good tuning ability, great economy and good reliability which means big power with reduced running cost. Downfall, give me a high revving, great sounding NA anyday.

It is expensive but ten years ago a 7:50 ring car was a CSL which cost doubled and a damn site more to run it, progression is good and now hyper hatches are matching and beating some of the super cars of ten years ago (CSL was never a super car by the way in case any idiot thinks I'm implying that). :)

Advantage of modern turbo cars, good power, good tuning ability, great economy and good reliability which means big power with reduced running cost. Downfall, give me a high revving, great sounding NA anyday.

It is expensive but ten years ago a 7:50 ring car was a CSL which cost doubled and a damn site more to run it, progression is good and now hyper hatches are matching and beating some of the super cars of ten years ago (CSL was never a super car by the way in case any idiot thinks I'm implying that). :)

But that just begs the question why does anyone need a car that is fast round the nurburgring? It's just marketing nonsense, hate the obsession manufacturers have with lap times and its a shame to see Honda go that route, you just need a car that is fun and usable, especially something like a hot hatch.

But that just begs the question why does anyone need a car that is fast round the nurburgring? It's just marketing nonsense, hate the obsession manufacturers have with lap times and its a shame to see Honda go that route, you just need a car that is fun and usable, especially something like a hot hatch.

True but I'm sure it will mean this new Type R would absolutely destroy the out going model everywhere, except for those of us who do enjoy high revving NA car but performance this new car has bags of it. :)

My Dizzy luck.... So far:
Original died 6 months after i gotten my dc2
Brand new honda OEM died after 30 months
Second hand OEM one died after 10 miles LOL
Now this one Exploded at 8000rpm after 3 weeks. Quote from seller:
These are NOT cheap DISTRIBUTORS, they are built to LAST!We are so CONFIDENT it will last, we offer a YEARS WARRANTY!

198.jpg

**** sake thats 800 pounds on Dizzys so far !!!!!!

Lol Honda reliablity.

Honda have now assigned a honda master tech of 30 years to find out what went wrong on my car over the few days, make a report and then give it to me. This is after I argued why didn't they just extract the over-rev data from the ECU to conclude once and for all if I did mis-shift.

whilst I agree with this to some extent, The reason honda made stuff like the EK9, DC2, FD2 etc was because they wanted to make a road car that competed with faster stuff on track and gave the driver a 'race car like' experience for an attainable price.

everyone slated the new FN2.5 saying it was going to be an impossible task because it was down on power etc. Aren't all type R's down on power compared to the competition in their respective eras though?

This new civic follows that ideology to some extent as it has been developed to work well in demanding fast road conditions which is why I think the Nordschleife is a good testing ground as it isn't a pristine race track, if anything it represents driving fast on crap roads perfectly.

either way, its bloody quick, a hell of an achievement and I am still looking forward to trying one out.

Any suzuka lap-times for it?

I do like the specs, the way it looks is a little marmite, really wished they'd kept the rear wing like the concept. Seems to go really well to.

bledd ye looks like it.... Original one died due to coils that first time we replaced it rust killed it inside. That's why I Gotten brand new one that ... Coils packed up but yet again it was mechanical mess and thats why I went second hand that .... Coils went on test drive. Gotten this Cheaper one cause had enough of honda ones and that failed after 300km !!!!
Sadly they would not refund it as it was 3 weeks not 2. Otherwise I was planing on buying MSD one maybe that lasts ??

Once I get replacement I will buy cheapest spare to keep in garage cause this is ridiculous !!!!

Last edited:
I assume this model is shared with many other cars. Probably ones that don't rev so high. Puts a lot of extra vibration through them!

Thankfully the only issue I had was the rotor arm screw eating the cap one day.

Back
Top Bottom