Type R and VTEC owners

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-EN...470?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed5c5cc1e but the honda bolt is 16mm long. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-EN...363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27ea0ed20b

I went with the 25mm (BL25) as I thought the washers looked a bit chunky.

edit:

What is my ep3 worth with a seized engine. 85k 2004 facelift excellent bodywork, fsh.

May sell it to my friend or break depending on value.

Not a lot. You can buy one that runs for £3k.

£1k?

Last edited:
I'd say less than that complete given the knackered engine.

Buy one for £700 with duff engine - new k20 £700, fitting what £500, removal and disposal of old £200 (obviously massively less if you can do most of this yourself)

There's an easy £2-2.5k you can buy one working for £3k so why would you pay any more?

You'll obviously get more breaking it but need to have both the time and inclination to do so. ..

£1.3k. If you aint going to try pursue anything with the garage i would take the £1.3k.

If it falls through and you can't shift it, let me know.

To be fair garage is checking the car and reporting their findings back to me. They're adamant it was a misshift I am not. It's bad luck so it'll either get sold as is or I'll break it if no-one wants it. Sad expensive lesson.

I feel for you. I would end up locked up, but that is because i am an idiot :p

Well like i said, if your mate doesn't take it. Send me a trust message before doing anything with it as we could maybe come to a deal :)

Yeah well it would end up in a spiral trying to prove it. This is why I asked honda themselves to extract the over-Rev data. Why they didn't in the first place I do not know.

I'll let you know the situation, obviously it will need to be trailered away. It's a honest car nothing else wrong with it. Just a bad experience for me.

So I picked up a EP3 around 3 weeks ago, bought it as a project car. The car was being prepped for track use by the previous owner but it never went to a track and was parked up for around a year so I decided to buy it off him and put it back on the road or keep it for myself as a round about.

The car itself is in immaculate condition, only thing letting it down is the front bumper as it has a Mugen splitter fitted but is not painted and the bumper also has a crack on it. The dashboard was cut in half and all airvents removed, all the airbags and airbag control module and airbag wiring was removed, all the looms were cut and all abs wiring was removed and the interior was stripped out so no carpet, rear seats or anything but luckily the car came with all the things. The aircon is also removed but will be refitting it as all the pipework is included.

Picked up a replacement dashboard, dashboard loom, airbag loom and cabin loom earlier this week and started working on the car today. Set about stripping the full interior down and removed the old dash and managed to get all the new looms installed, turned the car on and everything is working perfectly, Airbag lights are gone and the ABS light has turned off aswell. Will be putting the dashboard back in tomorrow and while I'm at it, I'll also be sound deadning the whole car before I put the carpets and interior back in.

Pics from today's progress, Interior removed:
bqt71xH.jpg

Every single loom replaced with new ones:
xzj0gWy.jpg
0wOdEFh.jpg

Chuffed with myself :)

Back
Top Bottom