Type R and VTEC owners

Looking to make a small mod in my DC2. Going to add an led voltage meter and an led air temperature display. Currently thinking the ashtray seems like a feasible place for them.

That way, that can quickly be hidden away.

I did look into different options of modifying the stock 12 hour clock, but I kind of like it's crapness

bledd. what You need voltage meter for ??
I dont have standard Clock just original Type R thing in there. I think shift light will end up in there once hondata lands in my car.

Last edited:
Anyone know if handbrake adjustment is for either side, or would you only be able to adjust both sides at the same time?

This is 90's a Honda/Rover caliper.

I've never really used my handbrake, garage is saying one side is far weaker than the other.

Anyone know if handbrake adjustment is for either side, or would you only be able to adjust both sides at the same time?

This is 90's a Honda/Rover caliper.

I've never really used my handbrake, garage is saying one side is far weaker than the other.

One side will have a siezed caliper

bledd. what You need voltage meter for ??
I dont have standard Clock just original Type R thing in there. I think shift light will end up in there once hondata lands in my car.

Gauges are cool y0!

VDO_Oil_10.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Granted that's in my VW but they are really handy actually, at some point I'll be changing the clock for an oil temp too (and probably put the volts where the clock is). :cool:

One side will have a siezed caliper

The side in question has a fairly new caliper on it, ~2-3 years old. Could it be fine under normal breaking but not working properly when using the handbrake?

I understand how normal brake pistons work, but never looked into how the handbrake actually works.. Is it just a cable that gets tightened by the handbrake lever which then pulls on the caliper?

Essentially yes.

They can get clogged up at the mechanism on the caliper end but I don't think I've ever actually had a case where this was the real problem

Back
Top Bottom