Type R and VTEC owners

If you want noise when you're accelerating hard then an induction kit is the answer. It won't drone on the motorway either. Either that or a high quality cat back is what you want.

If you want a more pronounced and throaty sound on acceleration, mainly in VTEC, but dont want to pay insurance fees for an induction kit, then the next best thing is to drill a few strategic holes in the airbox, works a treat. :D

Wheel update - I've ordered some RAYS CE28N's in bronze, should be here in a month or so. :cool:

Also, tyre news - RE002's fitted on the front to replace the horrid RE050. What a difference so far.

There's a roundabout near me, it's got really smooth but not particularly grippy tarmac on it, it's lethal in the wet. I can just about go round it at 30 in the dry, but I can feel a lot of understeer and not much bite from the front end. Just went round at 30 and the difference is very noticeable, more initial bite, more grip and overall a more planted car. Obviously it's going to take a while before I get the best out of them, but so far so good.

I've also had the Project Mu pads fitted all round, I'm really liking them, loads of stopping power compared to what's just come off. Very impressed. Obviously it's early days yet but so far so good, very happy with my purchase.

NKSUYTN.jpg

NR86WGy.jpg

Coming back to tyres, I think I'll get AD08R's fitted to the RAYS when they arrive, spoke to the fitter the other day and there's a a wait till mid July for the tyres, so I'll get an order in when I have a better idea of when the wheels are arriving.

Oh and this turned up this morning. I'll fit it when I get around to fitting the Samco intake hose that I have sat here.

47Qv3WK.jpg

Was told by honda i needed new discs and pads on the rear within a month when i had mot done, so i ordered some and they arrived yesterday, took the wheels off and i do need new pads, but the new discs look practically identical to the old ones, minus the rust, pretty much same thickness bar a few mm, with no lip to the disc, had a look at my paperwork and it says amber for discs, due to rust, and red for pads.

Going to be sending the discs back as they seem to have years left of life in my old ones

Nice Chris, what spec CE28 have you ordered mate?

easily one of my favourite wheels.

I think I'm set on the Touring Medallion exhaust from Tanabe. may wait until next spring to grab it though.

I originally wanted PF01SS rear and PF01 front, but they didn't do them in a matching colour apart from black. If you don't know, the PF01SS has a wider dish but compromises caliper clearance to achieve it. I've already had a blue car with dark wheels (my Evo IX) so I really wanted silver or bronze, so I ended up going with the RAYS, even though it's probably cost me twice as much.

Last edited:
yeah. I dont mind the Enkei wheels too much but the star shaped double spoke is a bit close to my oem wheels.

If I was gonna go for a set of wheels it would be CE28 or Spoon CR93

ive seen a few blue DC5s with bronze volks and the combo works pretty well.

The CR93 remind me a bit or RAYS RE030 - a bit too fussy for my liking. I've always wanted some CE28N's, but when I ordered the Enkei's I couldn't justify the extra cost. But after the point of order, some money became available and when I was told I couldn't have the Enkei's, well, I couldn't resist. :)

Strangely enough, I like the Mugen MF-10 even though they look quite similar to the CR93 and RE030.

What is the EP3 market like out there these days? It's a few years since mine now and I know they're getting old.... will 3 or 4k get a nice car? I am thinking of chopping my Focus in and sticking the left overs in the house deposit fund and having a nice simple reliable EP3.

Ah see, I like the Spoon wheels but not mad keen on the RE030. I think if I was going to smash the money into volks then it would be the CE28 or ZE40 (if they did them in 17).

Have you gone 10 or 8 spoke?

Ah see, I like the Spoon wheels but not mad keen on the RE030. I think if I was going to smash the money into volks then it would be the CE28 or ZE40 (if they did them in 17).

Have you gone 10 or 8 spoke?

I didn't realise there's a choice? I thought CE28N are always 10 spoke.

EDIT

For 10 spokes you can get 15-19", and for 8 spokes you can get 14-16". 8 spokes only come 4 lug, but 10 spokes are 4 or 5 lugs.

http://honda-tech.com/honda-acura-28/difference-between-ce28-ce28n-1582691/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom