Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato

Not too bothered about handling/performance if im honest. I just want a nice looking, reliable car that's a nice place to be.

Just keep seeing them pass me on the roads and i love the looks :)

Caporegime
They're pretty hefty on the insurance front, try a quote first you may have an aneurysm.

Running costs wise, not so bad, but the big wheels hurt when getting new rubber. If driven sedately the economy is good from the 2L petrol, you get plenty of kit and it's not that much to fix when it goes wrong as it's a pretty simple car

Man of Honour
OP
You probably don't. They are pretty good calipers for the price (i.e. very cheap compared to Brembo/AP etc.) and they are nice and light, but they aren't the most rigidly constructed items (esp. the cheaper ones) and many of them don't have dust seals which is a must on a regularly used road car IMO. Loads of kit cars use them, mianly due to cost and weight, but they don't tend to get the miles a tin top does.
Every day is a .......

Thanks, I didn't know this. Then again, I haven't researched them properly.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

Not too bothered about handling/performance if im honest. I just want a nice looking, reliable car that's a nice place to be.

Just keep seeing them pass me on the roads and i love the looks :)

In that case, a type R is not for you. Unless you want to run it and money is not an issue to you, consider one of the lower powered variants. As I mentioned, they are actually quite nice places to be. You could look at a Type S? They have many of the features of the type r but toned down slightly. The performance isn't quite the same but it still retains some of the sporty looks. Insurance premiums and overalls running costs on a type S will be considerably lower too.

It would still be a great car and have the 'look' that you like.

Maybe go to a Honda dealership and ask to drive a type r and then a type s.
That would be my next move if I were you.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Agreed about the type s. Remember the type r is not always the most comfy of places to be if the road is slightly uneven!

something like this

looks great, similar to type r in the looks department.
also, Insurance Group 21 and a type R is 34 I believe

0-60 isn't exactly slow either

thats not a bad deal actually. never really looked at the type S in any detail before but it is quite surprising really

Back
Top Bottom