Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I think the DC2 type R has a lower brace as standard on the rear subframe. Stops the deflection between the two inner mounting points for the lower arms

And the gauge of steel was taken up to 3mm along with the inner wheel housings, there are quite a lot of load paths in that little section thanks to the largish anti rolls bars.

Its minor optimisation rather than anything drastic though but can allow marginally stiffer bushes for the same NVH hit to tighten handling or drive feedback.

Man of Honour
Not posted in this thread so thought I'd join in :). Had CTR pre facelift ctr for 6 months and still love it, even after coming from crazy two wheeled missiles. It's like a bike except dry :). Big bang for buck without silly turbos ;)

I paid well over odds for it, just under 6k, but she has FSH with only 34k miles and in great condition minus *&^&* who ding it daily in carparks. Plus it was for sale like 1mile up road and I was bored one sunday.

Gonna keep it stock as they really dont want for anything for B road grins

civic1.jpg

civic2.jpg

civic3.jpg

civic5.jpg

civic6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gonna keep it stock as they really dont want for anything for B road grins

If there is one single thing I'd like to "fix" it would be the flat spot just before VTEC actuation. I don't know if my car is particularly bad, but it's a very noticeable tail off in acceleration and it annoys me greatly. However the KPro/K100 is a silly amount of money (more than an entire aftermarket ECU) and I'm not too keen to line their pockets any further.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
If there is one single thing I'd like to "fix" it would be the flat spot just before VTEC actuation. I don't know if my car is particularly bad, but it's a very noticeable tail off in acceleration and it annoys me greatly. However the KPro/K100 is a silly amount of money (more than an entire aftermarket ECU) and I'm not too keen to line their pockets any further.

I did the Hondata airbox mod and added a cold air feed from the front grille and this helped dial it out a bit. Also made a slightly noticeable induction growl which I couldn't argue with :)

Otherwise, I think they all have that flat spot before VTEC. Mine did at least although not as bad as others. Although mine standard seemed to be quicker than other modified cars. I miss that car :(

Soldato
And the gauge of steel was taken up to 3mm along with the inner wheel housings, there are quite a lot of load paths in that little section thanks to the largish anti rolls bars.

Its minor optimisation rather than anything drastic though but can allow marginally stiffer bushes for the same NVH hit to tighten handling or drive feedback.

And they have the softish RTA bushes and trick rear suspension producing toe in which varies depending on the braking force, stabilising the back end during braking.

Rather nifty :)

Associate
Ah i loved my EP3. Only just found this

It was good for one thing. Thats why i named it the rape mobile!!!
Kept it fairly standard, just hondata airbox mod and Fast Road Setup

IMG_1767.jpg

Soldato
sCNWm.jpg

ikEL9.jpg

Good times :)

Bit unnecessary with the dead animal?

Aye mine does that a bit too - although it has 104k on the clock and is still using the original clutch/gearbox etc, so maybe something is about to go bang?

Back
Top Bottom