Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
That looks simply fantastic.

Any standout roads you would recommend? Myself and Nath were talking about a trip up there in summer,

It was, best driving roads I've been on in any country by a long stretch. The scenery is something else and Scotland is full of it!

In terms of the best roads, erm well pretty much all of Friday and Saturday, so a good 10-15hrs worth at least :p

Going up Applecross is great (and scary), but the decsent down is where you can have some good fun.

There is a route map and I can let you know the good route to take to get the best of the roads!

Highly recommend it, I'm not going to bother even doing the Evo Triangle/Wales after seeing vids and comparing them to the roads up here. It's a no brainer. We stayed in Portree on Skye on the Friday then followed the coast all the way up to Thurso on Saturday before enjoying some good fun roads back to Abz today.

Man of Honour
Tour d'Ecosse 2012, What a Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

IMG_3322.jpg

Where is that?

Soldato
The top of the climb up the mountain before descending down to Applecross Village. Unfortunately the best pics were 50m further behind where those black cars are looking down the valley, but my spot wasn't bad either :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhF8Omhy9zk

It's a scary single track road, but well worth doing for the scenery, and the descent down and past Applecross village is a road God himself build for these cars.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22013342 said:
Do you have a Google Maps link?

Edit: damn its up near Skye

Road Trip! :D

Well worth it if you have the leave and friends willing to do it! Plus the driving standards up here are generally very good with many people letting faster cars through, either slowing down or pulling over. ALso, many signs and boards saying teh same thing!

The start is the turning off the A896 at Tornapress.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22013578 said:
I'm going to Inverness next weekend, but thats not en-route sadly. Never mind!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...ISH+DRIVING+ROADS+?+-+The+Pictures&mid=177531

Also try a route like this if you can do the detour. The road from Glenshee up through Braemar then up over Lecht (point C on map) is cracking!! Route map:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...G_w&gl=uk&mra=dpe&mrsp=3&sz=12&via=3&t=m&z=11

We did it today on the way back after bypassing inverness.

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome me to this thread :)

first ever honda and first ever vtec......

JDM Import S2000, with AEM Ecu, mugen exhaust, headers, and k&N mapped by some fella called Mase? now 270 odd bhp so the readout says

Have to say I was a little aprihensive going to collect as I have been used to lots of mid range torque and turbo cars..... this car is very nice to drive, good for round town etc and quick in vtec when neeeded

IMAG0168.jpg
I know this car, you bought it off Suits, right? :)

Soldato
Not got it yet no but will fit it myself, ABP want £50 for fitting it which I'm not prepared to pay. If it was £20 labour added onto my frsu costs then I would just let them do it, but £50 is a bit much IMO for such an easy job

They are no doubt pricing it on the assumption that the drop links will be seized solid and will have to be cut off both ends (like all four were on mine). Make sure you get a new pair of drop links to fit, unless yours have been replaced very recently.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
They are no doubt pricing it on the assumption that the drop links will be seized solid and will have to be cut off both ends (like all four were on mine). Make sure you get a new pair of drop links to fit, unless yours have been replaced very recently.

they mentioned that on the phone when I called them about the work.

once I price the drop links in it may make more sense to just get ABP to put it on as it would be approaching that price anyway.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Car is in.

I got carried away and accidentally JDM ARB

they told me they would call me if they had to change the drop links for the ARB and they havent called yet so fingers crossed I wont have to pay for it. I looked at them last night and they looked fine so not too much of an issue. Was gonna do the ARB myself, but I got there and got carried away

Associate
[TW]Fox;22031370 said:
Thats a very small difference between town and Motorway. If it does 35mpg tops on the Motorway surely it's closer to 20 around town? And if it does just under 30 around town it's gotta be over 40 on the Motorway, surely?

It is but it is possible.

I get on average between 33-35 MPG, on the motorway at 70 for long periods I usually get 38-40.

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;22031370 said:
Thats a very small difference between town and Motorway. If it does 35mpg tops on the Motorway surely it's closer to 20 around town? And if it does just under 30 around town it's gotta be over 40 on the Motorway, surely?

No. K20 series will top out at 40 mpg if you drive at 60 mph and are really really careful, but most normal people doing 70-80 mph will see around 25 mpg. The K24 in the Accord sport will do just under this due to being a slightly larger lump (albeit with longer gear ratio's). Most K series will average around 28-30 mog, and do around 25 mpg in town driving.

I'm unsure if the Accord Sport came with an auto option, but someone in work had a tourer 2.4 petrol Accord and he struggled getting 30 out of it. Thirsty beasts.

Back
Top Bottom