Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
But honda is master of fwd thats why i cant change kinds. I would crash rwd. Awd could be an option but i would buy subaru for awd even new focus. Afaik honda has not made proper awd car besides crv and awd civic 4th generation

Soldato
I change my mind every five minutes to be fair. I'd agree with Gravy that the power is going to be an issue but I think the delivery is perfect in the FK but I don't think I'd want to be remapping to get more power out of it. So actually no I don't agree with gravy, it's only a few more bhp than stock FK so I'm sure they have managed to engineer it well again.

I've ordered a gruppeM intake for the FK, should arrive in a few weeks from rhdjapan. It's not like the 'proper' ones where they made a whole ram air carbon wotsit, it's literally just a filter, probably susceptible to heatsoak but if it makes a nice noise I'll live with it.
Sold the Eventuri because I fancied some less expensive and I was always a smidge worried about crap going down the intake funnel.

Last edited:
Permabanned
lets face it around 330 is max u want in fwd... 2 much wheelspinnin :p after i upgraded to FD 2.7 transition im spinning all the time when its damp. Thats on Pilot sports hehe. I could use some 16 inch rays and 215's on front :p

Man of Honour
OP
I'm hoping someone has had similar and maybe able to offer some advice.

Bit of history first. I bought the car back in September and on the way home the EML came on. I read the code and it showed the O2 sensor to be the issue. Fair enough, I know they are common so to be expected. The light wouldn't always come on, but every second trip or so it would come on. I had Performance Autoworks fit a new one which cured it. It had not been back on since.

Fast forward to last weekend when I picked the car up from TGM after having the gearbox out for the diff etc. It had been road tested and was fine but as soon as I jumped in, EML on! Code read and it was showing O2 sensor again. So I ordered another one from Hendy which TGM fitted today. However the light was straight back on!

There's a bit of loom extension for the circuit about 3 inches long to move the wire away form the manifold, it comes with after market manifolds. Tom removed this and cabled it straight up. Again, light on every time without fail. Tom plugged his diagnostics computer in and it's showing correct voltages. So we put the original one back on without the loom extender and no light. I took the car for a drive and it didn't come back on. Odd. The extender has continuity on all pins.

So the new sensor went back in with the extender and the light behaviour is back to what it was a few months ago.

Tom is a bit stumped! I suspect the new sensor to be faulty and perhaps an intermittent issue with the extension kit. But I'm not sure. Ran out of time in the end so had to leave.

Anyone had similar?

Last edited:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Was it a Honda sensor or aftermarket? I remember a period where lots of people were having failed O2 sensors despite being relatively new, and switching back to good old OEM cured it in every case I think...

Soldato
My old red EP3 continues to be ruined.

17596762_1507506145934568_7013978368018219008_n.jpg

Soldato
Oh dear. Car currently in Honda trying to get some really odd noises fixed. Told them if they cant replicate it then I'll take the service guy out with me because I can always make it happen.

Permabanned
I put the right bits on it and it was set up reasonably well.... not sure what it's meant to be set up for now :D That's the one Plenty O'Toole.
All depends if hes putting quality things on. Like for me Stock suspension on Any of R's is well to soft :D Like stiff ride.
On my ITR I got Apexi N1 Coilover kit its perfect with 10 front and 8 back damper setting ( Out of 36/32 max) But height was set up in Japan and well i can do 25mph over normal speed bumps.
On my EG6 i had Koni yellow with Tein -30 springs that was not bad setup for cdaily driving also.

What that guy got is Max drop on coilovers cant drive that **** anywhere around Nottingham speed bumps and holes in roads will drive u insane lol. If i was 2 start modding EP3. Would go standard first Intake+exhaust then light flywheel and RPC Clutch then K-Pro and remap.

I'm like one of those people that would grive brand new car straight to garage for mods if i had cash.

Back
Top Bottom