Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
The FD2 is worlds apart from the FN2 to me.

Granted, exterior wise it's far better looking. I personally just thought it's pretty much the same platform, and with my old FN2 being a 9k champ white with a few mods already and FD2s being upwards of 14k - at the time I was looking, I didn't see the appeal or justification.. Then again I've just bought a new one so that shows how rational my thinking is when it comes to cars :p

Is the FD2 modded already or do you plan on doing so / still using for trackdays?

Man of Honour
OP
The rear suspension is multilink vs torsion on the FD2 for a start. :)

It only a Mugen grille and Spoon baffled sump, but they don't need as many mods as the older cars as the intake, intake manifold and exhaust manifold design is vastly superior. So they only need a remap, decat and catback to make the same power. I've already ordered an exhaust and FlashPro, looking into a BBK now and I'm chasing up for a decat. Not sure I'll touch the suspension, stock is meant to be very good on track compared to the earlier cars and also FN2.

Permabanned
To me fn2 looks **** still better than fk tho.

Fd2 is what id change my itr if i had an option :) its REAL TYPE R not crappy fn2 .... Git all the R factor. Still not sure why honda wentv5d but still

3 seconds....

Man of Honour
OP
Picked the FD2 up yesterday. It's a very impressive car, even with crap tyres overly keen ABS on the standard brakes (could be the tyres).

28206809c03f60c6b0b8b084fa7f448e.jpg

Need to get my DC5 back on the road and sell it.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Likely the tyres, back in the day my EP3 had similar reactions to naff tyres in anything but hot dry conditions (Parada Spec II).

Can't be many blue ones in the UK, looks lovely. What wheels are those? Shame about the DC5, not tempted to keep it and daily the FD?

Man of Honour
OP
Likely the tyres, back in the day my EP3 had similar reactions to naff tyres in anything but hot dry conditions (Parada Spec II).

Can't be many blue ones in the UK, looks lovely. What wheels are those? Shame about the DC5, not tempted to keep it and daily the FD?
Yeah I expect it's the tyres, Yoko C drive or something and the rears are Hankooks of some form. The fronts start to complain at the slightest aggresive turn in, it's not nice. I'm on the lookout for some decent 18" wheels, if I can't find any then I'll throw the DC5 Rotas on with AD08R's in the meantime. The wheels are WedSport which will be getting sold soon.

I work 4 miles from home, so my daily is my pushbike or the bus.

Soldato
Last week had a drive in the new Civic Type R. Was pretty impressed all told, had a nice interior, decent size and lots space for day to day usage. Given it had sub 200 miles on the clock the engine had plenty of get up and go and was very responsive, loved the manual box with a very short and easy shift. Ride, given it was on 20" was very good and the mode switch makes a lot of difference and I enjoyed it about 1000x more than I ever did my FN2. Will be on my list next year to have a proper look at when my Leon Cupra goes back

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had the new S2000 6 or 7 weeks now and sadly not gelling with it as I did with my old one :(

Definitely feels a fair bit different to drive than my pre facelift, also sadly think I'm getting old as where previously I found the engine fun I now find it not so much :(

Coupled with the fact even though my wife's back issues are a tenth of what they were when I had the last one the car still causes her grief to the point where she cannot even be a passenger in it let alone drive it.

So think it will be a short lived flirtation as an owner again and will look to sell up soon, or keep it in the garage mostly and sell up next spring.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I get on alright with them but they just kill her back :(

Stupidly I'd forgotten I'd not checked the tyre pressures since buying it, they were all low and uneven so sorted that and feeling a bit nicer to drive :)

Still feels softer than the old pre facelift I had

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Thinking of going to see this tomorrow, but it looks like it needs a few new parts due to corrosion?

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside Front Brake has slight bind when wheel turned by hand.
  • Nearside Front Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules (3.6.B.4e)
  • Offside Front Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules (3.6.B.4e)
  • Vehicles internal headlight adjuster altered to recheck lights ()
  • Nearside Rear coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
  • Offside Rear coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
  • Offside Rear Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
  • Offside Front Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
  • Nearside Front Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
  • Nearside Front Shock absorber has a light misting of oil (2.7.3)
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
  • Offside Front Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
I know its not an expensive car, but I don't know much about car components and the prices... But could someone tell me whenever its worth going to see it?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Sounds like the underside is covered in rust, I personally wouldn't bother. It's not as if it's a rare car without plenty of others to choose from.

Soldato
Last week had a drive in the new Civic Type R. Was pretty impressed all told, had a nice interior, decent size and lots space for day to day usage. Given it had sub 200 miles on the clock the engine had plenty of get up and go and was very responsive, loved the manual box with a very short and easy shift. Ride, given it was on 20" was very good and the mode switch makes a lot of difference and I enjoyed it about 1000x more than I ever did my FN2. Will be on my list next year to have a proper look at when my Leon Cupra goes back

it's one of the ugliest cars i've ever seen in my life.........especially up close!!

Back
Top Bottom