Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Just bought a Tegiwa Induction kit £290 including the modded scuttle. It only has a slight scuff on the box, hopefully not to hard to fit.

easy to fit. but be careful not to pull too hard on the scuttle when removing it as i snapped two of the white pins on mine. easy part to replace if you mess it up but its just a pita to get it aligned properly again and get the cowling pins to insert into the clasps again.

Soldato
I think that HKS sounds alright. Mines similar, bit less raspy I guess.

The OEM backbox and unsilenced B-Pipe is a nasty sound, I don't see whats to like about that really :(

I'd have one of those HKS's if they sat straight :)

Permabanned
easy to fit. but be careful not to pull too hard on the scuttle when removing it as i snapped two of the white pins on mine. easy part to replace if you mess it up but its just a pita to get it aligned properly again and get the cowling pins to insert into the clasps again.

Cheers, will keep that in mind. You got the same induction kit then I'm guesing? How do you find it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
ASBO 4 LiFE

knuckle dragging DC2 owners... :rolleyes::D

Cheers, will keep that in mind. You got the same induction kit then I'm guesing? How do you find it.

mines the gruppe m, was going to buy a new tegiwa but a second hand GM came up for sale the day i was going to buy for the same price.

its nice and quiet when pottering about, gives a huge boom when pulling in higher gears from the mid range on nsl roads and sounds berserk in vtec.

I would suggest padding the rear of the scoop intake out with some foam, I used some left over sound deadening from an old PC build. that is essential otherwise it does rattle.

I think the tegiwa comes with velcro to hold it down to the scuttle panel.

a guy who i spoke to at japfest with a supercharged ep3 had a really nice finishing panel for his but I cant seem to find it...

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
NathWraith, with his unhealthy obsession with car bulbs and lighting has convinced me to try out a HID kit.

will see how it goes. assuming it is ok with me having projector lights?

Soldato
Providing you fit them correctly, them being in a projector housing with a sharp cut-off means the beam pattern will more than likely look fine and will be an improvement on stock halogen.

Legally, probably not...

Soldato
Im looking at getting my clutch changed in the next few months as I've developed a lovely crunch and grind, and my biting point is pretty much on the floor now!

I have two options at the moment. Book it in a TGM Motorsport for £450-480.
Or, use a Honda Dealer and pay £565. There is also a small charge to inspect before they carry out the work, which is apparently between £50-100.

Is it worth paying a bit extra and go with the dealers?

Last edited:
Soldato
NathWraith, with his unhealthy obsession with car bulbs and lighting has convinced me to try out a HID kit.

will see how it goes. assuming it is ok with me having projector lights?
Worthwhile upgrade imo, and the projectors on the 04+ make HIDs look like they belong. Might struggle come MOT time as you won't have auto-levellers or headlight washers (don't know if it's a fail if they aren't fitted at all, or whether like the spare tyre it's only a fail if it's fitted and not working).

Mine passed this year (April) with HIDs fitted and has passed 4 previous MOTs with them fitted.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
tgm seems the best deal. if both are only fitting a stock oem clutch then I'm sure it wont matter too much who does it.

with regards to the HIDs, they cant take long to fit, so i will plonk my osram bulbs in before mot if there is an issue with them.

i may install them and then take it to an MOT tester give them a few quid to see if they can test to see if they meet MOT pass requirements.

Don
Im looking at getting my clutch changed in the next few months as I've developed a lovely crunch and grind, and my biting point is pretty much on the floor now!

I have two options at the moment. Book it in a TGM Motorsport for £450-480.
Or, use a Honda Dealer and pay £565. There is also a small charge to inspect before they carry out the work, which is apparently between £50-100.

Is it worth paying a bit extra and go with the dealers?

The TGM guys really know their stuff, I use them for all of my work :) Top top bunch of people.

Don
Looks like I will go with TGM then, thanks!

Will it be worth my while supplying my own clutch and have them fit it?

In my experience they tend to be pretty competitive on pricing anyway, just depends if you want the hassle, especially if you discover it's the wrong clutch after TGM have opened her up :p :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
In my experience they tend to be pretty competitive on pricing anyway, just depends if you want the hassle, especially if you discover it's the wrong clutch after TGM have opened her up :p :)

if you are paying a garage to do significant work. then let them supply the parts themselves.

what I always ask for is the old part to be put in the box of the replacement so that I can check what they have put in. obviously only worth bothering with on items that you cannot physically check like clutches but it means you can check it. Im quite curious about things like that.

may be worth checking that they use an OE part and not a cheapo one.

Soldato

Tom was setup by Ayrton Senna and is built from the best Honda OEM parts ever produced.

:D

Soldato
Thats the only thing I am worried about really, I dont want them throwing in a cheap copy which only lasts 10,000 miles.

Hopefully it will be fine though as TGM seem to have a very good reputation

Back
Top Bottom