Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Thats the only thing I am worried about really, I dont want them throwing in a cheap copy which only lasts 10,000 miles.

Hopefully it will be fine though as TGM seem to have a very good reputation

Wash your mouth out, TGM are the go to people for Hondas!

Just get them to supply you an OEm Honda EExedy and be done with it.

Soldato
If you're getting a clutch done by TGM you might as well get a Quaife LSD fitted at the same time and save on labour (yes I know that's illogical if you weren't also looking to buy one!)

Are TGM much cop with superchargers? CPL is 160 miles from me and I have a squeaking belt (suspect it needs tensioning but I have no clue how)

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday, Accord 2.0L I-VTEC Type S. 05 plate and 74k miles on the clock. Smart ride, love it. All the extras!

accord3b.jpg

accord1l.jpg

accord2d.jpg

Soldato
If you're getting a clutch done by TGM you might as well get a Quaife LSD fitted at the same time and save on labour (yes I know that's illogical if you weren't also looking to buy one!)

Are TGM much cop with superchargers? CPL is 160 miles from me and I have a squeaking belt (suspect it needs tensioning but I have no clue how)

And a lightweight flywheel, no extra labour :D

Soldato
Would I noticed much of a difference over OEM?
Facelift has a lighter flywheel anyway as far as I remember, but an aftermarket one would presumably be lighter still. That's not to say that lighter flywheels are always better, as I understand it the cons of ever lighter flywheels is less engine inertia (revs drop quicker, car easier to stall). Someone more knowledgeable might be able to share more :)

Caporegime
think the differences is a few grams between the pre and facelift

I've got a lighter one and yes it revs up quicker but with the stage one clutch and aircon it's a nightmare to drive in traffic :p

Soldato
think the differences is a few grams between the pre and facelift

I've got a lighter one and yes it revs up quicker but with the stage one clutch and aircon it's a nightmare to drive in traffic :p
You're in my neck of the woods, if you don't mind me asking who do you get to do the work on yours?

Permabanned
Is this sad...

When I was 17 I was so set on saving up for an EP3 Type R. They had just come out in 2001. I went onto the Honda website and had the brochure posted to me. I'm not sure what happened to it over the years but it was a car I always wanted to have.

I managed to get one in 2010 and I'm still loving it as much as ever. I've gone and ordered that same 2001 brochure off ebay for £17 :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
No, not sad at all! I read the owners manual and varying magazine reviews 100's of times when I ordered mine brand new circa 2004. I still have the same one kicking about somewhere at home!

Permabanned
I'll PDF it for you guys :)

Any decent sites that do Type R canvas's, posters. Just having a scan and there doesn't seem to be much out there.

good side business, hire out some luxurious cars, take them to some nice landscape places and take lots of super high res pictures of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom