Type R and VTEC owners

Don
[TW]Fox;22276665 said:
How is that calculated, surely like most cars it cuts the AC at WOT anyway and if you were measuring power on a dyno you'd be at WOT?

I can tell you it's a real ball ache to drive around at slow speeds with the AC on

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;22276665 said:
How is that calculated, surely like most cars it cuts the AC at WOT anyway and if you were measuring power on a dyno you'd be at WOT?

DC2 is not most cars (amirite), RR graphs shows the 10bhp loss across the range. Also as bledd says, driving it around town is a pain, it's really low on power lower down and pulls on the crank higher up. Must be what it's like to own a Civic or something.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Must be what it's like to own a Civic or something.

interestingniftyfunnyam.jpg

Soldato
CPL = stay the **** away.

-Ad-, how much was the steering wheel refurb?
CPL supercharged my CTR, it's still working. :p

Admittedly I haven't really been keeping up with current events in the Type-R world so don't know if they've changed since I was there.

Having gone back to my Type-R on Saturday just gone after a year of it being off the road I think I need to sort out some sportier suspension. If I accelerate with full throttle it's like it's trying to slingshot me off the road. :o Would lowering and/or a fast road setup fix that? It's hard to describe - just feels unsettled at full throttle, but it's not wheelspinning.

ps. Great choice on the M's rjk :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Better than it being called a chavic breadvan :D

like. a. civic

:o you pair on on my list!

ps. Great choice on the M's rjk :)

im liking it loads to be honest. i snapped one of the cowl pins when removing my scuttle panel. i think it was just brittle with age.

got some more at honda now to replace it. also got a few billet screws to hold the scoop down rather than the rubbish plastic ones that the GM comes with. will refit it all soon and it should be rattle free :)

in other news, managed to nab a replacement AC condenser for £20
original honda part too. great success.

Associate
CPL supercharged my CTR, it's still working. :p

Having gone back to my Type-R on Saturday just gone after a year of it being off the road I think I need to sort out some sportier suspension. If I accelerate with full throttle it's like it's trying to slingshot me off the road. :o Would lowering and/or a fast road setup fix that? It's hard to describe - just feels unsettled at full throttle, but it's not wheelspinning.

I have a supercharged FN2 and I have no issues with it trying to slingshot me off the road. It does squirm a little bit in 1st gear but thats usally to all the imperfections in the roads and 315bhp through the front wheels. It sounds like a fast road setup would help though as mine is awesome on the straights (in the dry) and on the rails in the corners but do have a LSD, Coilovers with FRSU and the wheels are marginally wider track on the FN2 so all of that will help a little.

Soldato
it is a bit of a no brainer upon reflection. called around for quotes today and getting my mate to do it is going to work out at half the cost to get it done at a garage or something where they will likely charge me mental money for the parts too. he can sort the CVboot out too whilst he is doing it. :o

cheers bledd, but its 99 quid on there too. but....

£60 doesnt seem too bad.
brings cost to fix to around 160
i can live with that I reckon.

cheers for the link lee - owe you a beer :cool:
same thing's gone in my '05 CTR! Hmm.

I was quoted £150 fitted IIRC but havent bothered. I need to choose between getting it fixed and a new headunit :eek:

in other news, managed to nab a replacement AC condenser for £20
original honda part too. great success.
where!?

Back
Top Bottom