Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
are we really calling 3bhp into question?
a hondata airbox mod would get it above 200 so the point is moot.

in the grand scheme of things, it could be a 200 (197 :rolleyes:) bhp CTR or a 120ishbhp BMW derv.
driving dangerously is driving dangerously and doing daft speeds with other road users about is pretty much achievable in any car, you just need the sense to not act like a bone head when others are about.

Without knowing the ins and outs, it's only presumptions that can be made.

Man of Honour
are we really calling 3bhp into question?
a hondata airbox mod would get it above 200 so the point is moot.

The point was that its rather amusing to see him calling for a blanket ban on 200bhp+ cars for under 25's when the car in question isn't quite 200bhp anyway.

in the grand scheme of things, it could be a 200 (197 :rolleyes:) bhp CTR or a 120ishbhp BMW derv.
driving dangerously is driving dangerously and doing daft speeds with other road users about is pretty much achievable in any car

There is no question that when you put a young guy in a powerful car, the chances of an accident are higher. It's fact - its how we are wired. Most of us do it and to argue it's just as likely in something rubbish and slow is simply wrong. However, this doesn't mean under 25's should be banned from owning 200bhp cars.

Associate
[TW]Fox;22409297 said:
The point was that its rather amusing to see him calling for a blanket ban on 200bhp+ cars for under 25's when the car in question isn't quite 200bhp anyway.

lol I own a CTR. In general speak I'm not going to do the Clarkson geek speek and quote 197 bhp

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
what I was getting at fox is that a collision involving a vehicle being driven recklessly/over the speed limit/dangerously is possible in any car. Being sideswiped by a car doing 80mph for example is going to result in the same outcome if it's a GT-R or a Quashqai

Caporegime
Faster cars tend to have bigger accidents rather than more accidents.

I find I'm safer in faster cara as you take less risks. However when showing off comes into its a completely different scenario

Man of Honour
what I was getting at fox is that a collision involving a vehicle being driven recklessly/over the speed limit/dangerously is possible in any car. Being sideswiped by a car doing 80mph for example is going to result in the same outcome if it's a GT-R or a Quashqai

You are more likely to find yourself in 'oh ****' situations when you've got a quick car though, IMHO. You don't pull 10 car overtakes in a Qashqai diesel, whereas you would in a GT-R :D

Caporegime
King of the wings

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...8&nmt=RE:+Mad+850hp+NSX+to+take+on+Pikes+Peak

01lovefabnsx.jpg

Man of Honour
I had a 45bhp car at 17 and tried like **** to kill myself and it took me 9 months to get banned. I grew up but if I had 200bhp car, certainly back then I would have been deaded most weeks I suspect.

Soldato
My car power/accident history is a little odd, I started with a 130bhp '92 Prelude 2.0 and span it into an iron bridge. Replaced it with a 200bhp '92 Prelude 2.2 vtec, then a 300bhp '90 2.5TT Supra, a 260bhp '95 LS400 and finally with a 320bhp '94 Supra and *touch wood* haven't had a hiccup since.

Fast cars don't increase the chance of having an accident only the chance of an accident you have being bigger.

On the flip side faster cars usually have better kit to cope with the power which can be useful in avoiding accidents. I honestly believe I would have died while performing an evasive across three motorway lanes at 70mph if it hadn't been for the Vtec Preludes four wheel steering.

Caporegime
^ Totes

If it wasn't for the aggressive Limited Slip Differential in my Honda Integra Type R coupled with the communicative steering rack connected to my double wishbone suspension I would have hit that other car at a fatal speed, officer.

Don
Ad, it sounds the mutts nuts, these are the combinations I've driven on..

UK OEM (friends car)
UK K&N filter (friends car)
UK OEM modded box (friends car)
UK K&N modded box (friends car)
UK AEM v2 (my car)
UK Tegiwa Mugen Clone (my car)

AEM is by far the loudest, K&N sounds pretty meaty, Tegiwa sounds awesome.

The one thing I will say about it, if you're going say 30mph and try flooring it in 5th, you get a really deep boomy sound, but you'd be in the wrong gear anyway..

I'd just look for a second hand Mugen/Tegiwa on the forums tbh

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

UK OEM (friends car)
UK K&N filter (friends car)
UK OEM modded box (friends car)
UK K&N modded box (friends car)
UK AEM v2 (my car)
UK Tegiwa Mugen Clone (my car)

AEM is by far the loudest, K&N sounds pretty meaty, Tegiwa sounds awesome.

The one thing I will say about it, if you're going say 30mph and try flooring it in 5th, you get a really deep boomy sound, but you'd be in the wrong gear anyway..

I'd just look for a second hand Mugen/Tegiwa on the forums tbh

I love that boom when you pull through low revs, its awesome. not practical for getting anywhere at pace. but it sounds immense.

The K&N Typhoon i had before was loud as you would expect from an open cone but the car felt sluggish at anything other than motorway driving.

heres what my Gruppe M sounds like :)

Soldato

Nice one, thanks for that!!!!

My Injen is crazy, just like a short AEM and I love the sound and don't mind the sound vs performance sacrifice as it makes me feel like I'm going faster than I actually am ;)

What's the difference in terms of noise and performance between the AEM and Tegiwa/Mugen Rep as that's the dilema I have atm. Want the performance increase of an EPRacing airbox/Tegiwa but don't want to sacrifice the noise.

Ta

Back
Top Bottom