Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I prefer the noise of the tegiwa, the cross over in 3rd and 4th sound great. From a nice purr into a roar

Cool.

The Injen into 3rd, 4th and 5th goes from a growl into BAAAAHHHHH craziness.

Great but could draw the wrong attention to the car.

Might have to pick one up when I'm back on land :D

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Being rather dull I worked out the last tank in the S2000 returned over 33mpg which I don't think is too bad, I wasn't exactly gentle with it on that trip to work and back :)

Soldato
Ordered myself some cheapo wind deflectors today. Will hopefully reduce the wind noise a tad on the motorway and stop me getting soaked when it's raining!

Soldato
I love that boom when you pull through low revs, its awesome. not practical for getting anywhere at pace. but it sounds immense.

The K&N Typhoon i had before was loud as you would expect from an open cone but the car felt sluggish at anything other than motorway driving.

heres what my Gruppe M sounds like :)

Ah happy memories.. mine doesn't sound like that anymore :(

It's amazing going back to OEM after that and noticing that there is basically no change in sound at all on the VTEC changeover.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i went from the K&N typhoon to the standard box for a few weeks and it was most odd.

ended up doing the hondata mod to it straight away which helps the noise a bit but it just made the gruppe m sound much louder when it was fitted.

Soldato
Extra noise on your car and it attracts much more attention from other road users. Keep having to fend them off now :)

Noise is both good and bad.

In the eyes of NIMBYS and cops, VTEC @ 8k = SPEEDING, but 2nd gear VTEC on an NSL road with the right conditions is still well below the limit :rolleyes::cool::p:D

there is basically no change in sound at all on the VTEC changeover.

It's coz you have whack K20, not JDM lean B18 old school wikidness :D

Soldato
Want an FN2.

Have seen a mint 09 Plate up for £10,200 with 24,000 miles. Full Honda service history and a Years extra Honda warranty. Thinking of viewing it tonight after work and offering £9600.

Insurance is £700..

Been looking for a car for ages now. You only live once Right..? RIGHT!?

Soldato
i think you're mad spending that much for the sake of spending it. have you driven one and or an ep3 yet?

Mad maybe. But I've enough saved up, I want something new that will more or less hold its money.

I've had a long passenger ride in a friends FN2 this week and loved it. Noise, Looks.. Comfort and Toys! No local FN2s available at dealerships to test drive.

The EP3 is too old now IMO. Good examples are few and far between, comanding stupid prices.

The cruise control in the FN2 is essential for me, It makes driving through motorway speed restrictions a breeze!

This.

I'd get an EP3 and pocket the rest. Test drive both and see which you prefer.

As above ;)

Soldato
I think I'm gonna sell up after my holiday. Love my EP3, lots of fun, but you have to ring it's neck to be quick, so I think I will go for the more relaxed power delivery of a Focus ST.

Been a reliable beast for the last year and spend a good chuck being OTT with maintenance so hopefully I can fetch good money back for it :)

I was gonna get it lowered and change a few things but it's dead money (nor is it cheap, even on springs!) so I will leave alone and get a cheapo Ford!

Soldato
I think I'm gonna sell up after my holiday. Love my EP3, lots of fun, but you have to ring it's neck to be quick, so I think I will go for the more relaxed power delivery of a Focus ST.

Been a reliable beast for the last year and spend a good chuck being OTT with maintenance so hopefully I can fetch good money back for it :)

I was gonna get it lowered and change a few things but it's dead money (nor is it cheap, even on springs!) so I will leave alone and get a cheapo Ford!

You will regret it. I think the Honda Civic Type-R is one of them cars which is best bang for the money, unless you get an abused one. 200BHP VTEC screaming and excellent handling! It just puts a smile on your face, if I didn't need a 5-door car I'd really have one. Yes you have to rev it crazy to get it moving at a fast pace but isn't that what the Honda engines are about?

Unless you get a diesel lol.

Permabanned

I think you will regret this mate. I'm sure when eco driving the CTR would give better MPG's, the Focus just seems very lardy to me.

Instead of losing money through selling and buying, get yourself a KPRO/K100 , get the midrange sorted and maybe an air induction kit ( only recommending as I've just done this and it's awesome ) :)

Going back to a stock CTR would be hard now.

Man of Honour
OP
I also think you won't like the Focus as much. The economy is terrible and it feels like a boat to drive at times.

As above, I'd definitely look into K100.

Back
Top Bottom