Ubisoft deactivating keys it says were "fraudulently" obtained and resold

Caporegime
Whilst I agree it's strange to wait x amount of time before realising a key is fraudulent, it's about time someone cracked down on these shady key sites. There's so many of them now most of which have next to zero customer service and shady practices - what are Ubisoft meant to do? Oh they stole a load of cd keys but nevermind..? There are legit licensed key resellers who have great prices such as GMG, getgamesgo, humblestore etc etc and are unaffected by these bans.

GMG, GGG, etc, tend to have the same/ similar prices as Steam. None of them are any good unless there's a sale on. The regular prices are just naff.

As for the grey market, don't Ubi region-lock their games? I thought they did.

Soldato
I've heard a lot of keys are bought with stolen cards then sold to/through key sellers or through some other shady methods. If they do appear to be dodgy then they're not just going to let little old Jimmy keep his game out of the goodness of their heart, it's between you and the key seller to sort that part out. Whenever I buy a key through these sites I'm well aware that at any moment it can be removed. It's a risk I'm willing to take to save money and would have no qualms a publisher or developer doing so if it's a fraudulent key.

Caporegime
They've also deactivated keys from places like Gamesrocket - which I thought was a legit reseller.

So it's not even always obvious who is legit and who isn't.

Soldato
Had Watchdogs key banned.

Bought from USAGAMES (via Kinguin).

Contacted Kinguin who credited my account with what I had paid for it within 24 hours (over Xmas day) and even apologised for the delay.

Caporegime
How do these sites get their keys in the first place?

they buy in places like poland, far east russia etc areas where ubi and others sell their games much cheaper (because no ****er would buy them/could buy them at the price they charge here, then they sell the key to you here.

Soldato
Lol, Ubisoft, the guy not only to shoot him self in the foot. But to then proceed to look down the barrel of the gun in confusion. Only to blow his head off.

RIP Ubi, I doubt you'll see the end of 2015 without a struggle.

Soldato
I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore anyway. Was interested in The Crew but with the rubberbanding A.I I am hearing about I am not bothering.

Soldato
Nothing I want from Ubisoft now anyway, didn't get FC4 or Unity. I honestly can't remember where I got my other key from but I best go check my account I guess!

Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot eh Ubisoft?

Soldato
Ubisoft "Believing" bad things happened but offering no proof.

Ubisoft breaching their own EULA by not informing users that the game(s) had been revoked and why.

So far Ubi haven't provided any proof that the keys were stolen and it's all stacked against them

Associate
I too had my Far Cry 4 game suddenly vanish from my games library over the weekend. The one thing that really annoys me is there was no warning, no email as to why they removed it, just gone! At least places like Steam and Origin have the courtesy to let you know the reasons behind removing it from your account. Now I have to play the waiting game with Ubisoft customer service, joy.

Back
Top Bottom