UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

lol @ the spurs haters in here classing the game as 'dreary', 'boring', 'rubbish' etc that game was fantastic (the brits was on btw, why didn't you switch over?), great entertainment for a neutral and fantastic for a spurs fan. ac milan have no class, everybody who watched the game knows why and we put in a great performance and were well worthy of the win. proud to be a spurs fan no matter what but tonights performance was another highlight of why.

Milan are an utter disgrace on and off the pitch, they were rubbish on the night and some of their actions were hideous not just Gattusso but Flamini as well especially as he's probably broken the RB's leg and they had the cheek to suggest Spurs were time wasting

Hope Bale rips them a new anus in the second leg.

Souness just hit the nail on the head, a bunch of hasbeens who thought Spurs would roll over for them

i can't believe Flamini was not sent off, and for Gattusso, did he think he was playing rugby?

well done spurs

Meh, Spurs, like against Chelsea/Utd/etc just couldn't put the game away while Milan were utter utter rubbish in the first half.

Second half and it was role reversal, dominance by Milan but inability to do a damn thing with it, and really it was the fact Milan were pushing up with so much of the ball that left them so open to that counter attack.

yellows and reds should have been shown, Flamini should have seen red, though the actual contact was more Corluka kicking the studs, had Flamini been standing and just kicked the ball the same thing could have happened. Palacios should have seen red aswell, Pienaar fouled all game long, and Gattuso finally saw his yellow for winning the ball, then Pienaar putting his studs into Gattuso's shin, the reaction was hilarious but completely understandable. Must have been Pienaar's 5th/6th foul and Gattuso gets a yellow.

LIkewise Crouch was fairly lucky as after his/Gattuso's little spat it was clearly a revenge foul on Gattuso.

Gattuso was well out of order on Jordan but then Jordan was stepping onto the pitch and I assume hurling abuse by the looks of it, though can't tell what was said.

Overall quality of the football was pretty diabolical. Milan couldn't work the wings, or I should say wouldn't work the wings, sideways passing for ages then a long ball to Zlatan, rubbish mostly. Crouch was rubbish throughout, Pienaar apart from fouling was worthless, VDV was strangely very quiet except the couple shots in the second half, one rubbish, one close to genius.

It was far from a great game tbh. Whilst a fantastic game and result from our perspective, I can see why it may not have been for the 'neutrals', as if there were any in here. :p

lol @ the spurs haters in here classing the game as 'dreary', 'boring', 'rubbish' etc that game was fantastic (the brits was on btw, why didn't you switch over?), great entertainment for a neutral and fantastic for a spurs fan. ac milan have no class, everybody who watched the game knows why and we put in a great performance and were well worthy of the win. proud to be a spurs fan no matter what but tonights performance was another highlight of why.

also playing away from home in the CL, you are not going to be gung ho ;)
i enjoyed it

As well as injuries we have Jenas suspended which means that centrally we only have Sandro and Palacios available. Thankfully Sandro showed in the game against Sunderland that he has finally got to grips with the Premier League. Against Milan the game won't be played at the same intensity and we should see the best of him against an ageing Milan midfield.

Winning the midfield battle will be absolutely key, Sandro has won the South American equivalent of the Champions League but this will be arguably the toughest test of his and Palacios's careers.

They did it. :cool:

I think we're starting to see Palacios back to his tenacious best and without doubt Sandro proved he is a quality player. He is quick, tall, can run all day and more importantly isn't too shabby with a ball at his feet.

And your a Arsenal Fan?

What a disgrace....utter disgrace.

It's all part of my master plan. Spurs beat AC, we thrash barca and then we draw spurs in the next round and tear them a new one, knocking them out in the process. It would be fantastic if we could have a Spurs VS Arsenal final! :D

/wishful thinking.

Sorry but no. Many congrats to Spurs for a great result but it was a very dull game to watch.

They did it. :cool:

I think we're starting to see Palacios back to his tenacious best and without doubt Sandro proved he is a quality player. He is quick, tall, can run all day and more importantly isn't too shabby with a ball at his feet.

I was very impressed. Looked solid and made several very important challenges as well as playing the ball about well in the middle of the park. Testament to him that he can come in at that level with so little game time with us.

Spurs didn't play as well as they did in sept-nov but they played better than they have in the EPL over the last 2 months. It was good to see Modric and Woodgate back and hopefully we'll see Bale back against Milan at the Lane :D

Overall I was pretty disappointed with Milan I was expecting them to be so much better, but luckily for us they weren't and we defended exceptionally well to keep the clean sheet :)

MW

A WILD GATTUSO APPEARS!

rating_5.gif

Going to be tough for AC at White Hart Lane. Without their hardman Gattuso they'll have to resort to softy and general nice bloke Mark van Bommel instead. Shame.

why not just say 'well done'? people seem to forget we were away from home and playing football til nearly 7pm saturday just gone!

I did say well done :confused:

That doesn't mean it wasn't a boring game, I also didn't say that was Spurs fault! With your flair players out/on the bench/perhaps not fully fit it was never going to be a great game.

Back
Top Bottom