UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Yeah wasn't surprising at all it was a typical Scottish performance.

Got to remember too Scotland have the least experienced squad at the tournament.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
England team vs Scotland, what do we reckon Angles? Over 5 days since the Croatia game so players should be fairly well rested. Key talking point seems to be whether Trippier gets replaced with a LB, he has a tendency to (understandably) cut inside a fair bit which could slow our attacks at times.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Personally I'd like to see Trippier replace walker at RB and bring in Shaw.

I reckon he might start Grealish against Scotland, just to try and keep legs a bit fresher but then again, he probably won't want to drop Sterling. Does Grealish ever play on the right/middle for Villa? Could drop Foden.

Hopefully Kane is okay and up for it on Friday!

Soldato
Czech Republic are a good side and can quite easily win this group and beat England..

No. They could win, of course this is football and anything can happen but it would be a shock.

Saying the Czech Republic can EASILY win the group and beat England is quite frankly stupid. It’s not very likely that they’ll do either.

Don
I was expecting Scotland to beat Czech Republic, they’re weren’t that great a side and we had home advantage to some degree, but at the end of day you can have all the chances in the world but it counts for nothing if you don’t put them away.

Croatia looked ordinary as well, so I would be disappointed to not take at least a point from them.

Permabanned
Figure this is the best place to ask. Why is it that so many dislike Southgate as a Manager? It seems to my untrained eye that he's given it a good run of things since he took over (relative success at the world cup, level headed etc.).

Soldato
Figure this is the best place to ask. Why is it that so many dislike Southgate as a Manager? It seems to my untrained eye that he's given it a good run of things since he took over (relative success at the world cup, level headed etc.).
Because he isn't a good manager, his 'success' at the world cup was very very lucky, we got a very easy route to the semi and everytime we played anyone worth anything we lost (twice to Belgium and once to Croatia), his squad and team selections are baffling and then when you see the comments of "I'll only pick players on form not name" he completely ignores that (yes I know every manager says it but still), I'm looking forward to Englands collapse and him losing his job in the aftermath.

Permabanned
Because he isn't a good manager, his 'success' at the world cup was very very lucky, we got a very easy route to the semi and everytime we played anyone worth anything we lost (twice to Belgium and once to Croatia), his squad and team selections are baffling and then when you see the comments of "I'll only pick players on form not name" he completely ignores that (yes I know every manager says it but still), I'm looking forward to Englands collapse and him losing his job in the aftermath.

:cry::cry::cry: Goodness, you make it sound as though he ran off with your missus!

Soldato
:cry::cry::cry: Goodness, you make it sound as though he ran off with your missus!
It does doesn't it :D

Honestly I was talking to my Welsh cousins the other day (was at a funeral so obviously football was the talk instead of what we were attending) and I said it's so disappointing that when the Premier League has progressive managers with Pep, Bielsa and Klopp that the FA went for a younger Fat Sam with archaic tactics.

Caporegime
The FA basically gave him the England job as counselling for his penalty miss all those years ago because they felt sorry for him. I'm also looking forward to an early exit and his demise although an early exit for all teams with Liverpool players would be nice.

Soldato
I didn't give the match my full attention but they didn't appear to be complete long ball merchants, they did try to use Mbappe's pace a bit but also played it around the ineffective German midfield quite frequently and effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom