UEFA Euro 2024 Final Spain v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 14th July 2024]

Why is it? He played no one good. Same as England. Got to the final and got stuffed. Same as last year.
You don't think he'd have made the final even against harder opponents? The dude is a machine and not many can out perform him. Alcaraz is something special and eventually will be one of the greats if he keeps going.

Not disappointed at all because we were one of the most boring awful teams in the tournament.

Only disappointed how it's taken this long for wider media to click to the fact Southgate isn't the guy for the winners medal.

He hasn't achieved given this group of players

I had Spain as faves all the way through and they adapted to every situation well.

We live in hope, but I feel Kane wasn't at his best, but Southgate just won't dare drop him which was detrimental to the team. Well done Spain, they are an impressive team that might well dominate with so many young players and emerging talent.
This highlights why I feel GS has gone as far as he can. I like Southgate, he's a decent human being but he's at the limit of what he can do. The Spanish go front foot, put their best team out and go for it, and they've done that all tournament. England by contrast finish with their best team on the pitch but they are always chasing the game, we can't put games to bed because of it, we never get the chance to.

Just my take

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom