UEFA Euro 2024 Final Spain v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 14th July 2024]

Soldato
It's an easy job. Pick the best players for the positions they are used to playing. Watch some videos on the opponents and set up accordingly. Fart around on the training pitch doing set pieces and wot not.... Profit.
It’s not an easy job if the measure of success is number of international trophies won!

Soldato
Noticed that in games Straight from kick off back to the keeper just to hoof it hoping for flick on from the striker it reminds me of teams that are fighting for relegation in the premier league because they don't have the quality

That must come from Southgate or coaching staff
I think that is a move they have developed to try and turn the kick off into a set piece, they had three players lined up in the on side for the opening kick off who legged it up the pitch as soon as the whistle was blown. It’s possibly not a bad idea as it is a position you will be in at least once every game.

Soldato
I think that is a move they have developed to try and turn the kick off into a set piece, they had three players lined up in the on side for the opening kick off who legged it up the pitch as soon as the whistle was blown. It’s possibly not a bad idea as it is a position you will be in at least once every game.

Not just the kick off I think it's done quite a bit more if you compare to the other top footballing nations , even stones is looking to want it probably because that's what he does with city but the ball goes long almost always losing possession

It's a shame because I do think we have the players to do it because they do it at club level

Last edited:
Associate
I’m Scottish, my mums side of the family is English and my brother in law is Spanish. I was in a no win situation.

My cousin text me after the game to say his son was crying after the game saying he hates Spain. I told him to tell him it could always be worse, he could be Scottish and have our team and weather .

England have a really good group of players that I’m sure they’ll do something with, with the right management.

Soldato
Not just the kick off I think it's done quite a bit more if you compare to the other top footballing nations , even stones is looking to want it probably because that's what he does with city but the ball goes long almost always losing possession

It's a shame because I do think we have the players to do it because they do it at club level
I didn’t say it wasn’t done too much was just pointing out that the kick off was clearly a planned ‘play’ not an aimless hoof

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends, his brother stayed there all his career. Maybe is a club they want to stay at? no idea tbh

he was born in Pamploina, so probably identifies a lot as being Basque which might have bearing on him possibly staying at Bilbao unless barcelona can unbankrupt themselves and find 400K a week to pay him. I'd be very surpised if went to Madrid

Soldato
I can honestly see GS staying on (didn't the FA ask him to extend earlier in the year, to the world cup?).

I don't think he should but where does England realistically go from Southgate?

Mourhino................

if you want to park a bus get a professional bus parker, not some fairground clown that parks dodgems...................

Soldato
God no.

It's going to take whoever replaces him a long time to undo the mental damage Southgate's done, some of the players will need lengthy counselling sessions before they can step on grass again, others might never kick a ball forwards ever again.

Someone like Klopp needs time with his players to get them playing the way he wants, time you don't get as an international manager.

Best one yet :p

Soldato
Who would be your dream pick to replace him and who do you realistically think we could get? We’ve had big name foreign managers before who have all failed to achieve what Southgate he’s let alone more.
Realistically? Eddie Howe but ideally I would prefer it if he stayed at Newcastle for another or couple of years so he gets more experience in European football tournaments.

Soldato
We had as many shots on target in the final as you did in the entire tournament :D

nxd53r9.png

Soldato
Morning after.

I think we’re living in a bit of a PL bubble. I don’t think the players are as good as we think they are. I was massively disappointed in Foden, Bellingham (aside from the opening game and a world class over head kick!), Rice is massively over rated as well. Is it down to Foden playing in a system with Rodri, Sila, KdB etc around him. Bellingham won POTY in Spain but look at the players surrounding him! The players are clearly good players, brilliant in fact but I’m starting to think they aren’t quite at that world class level. They just lack composure, why can’t they pass?

Moving forward, Kane has to be dropped for Watkins and/or Toney if he isn’t fit. There isn’t a chasm between them if he isn’t fit, it’s an improvement it’s not exactly the same as scenario as other international teams where they have that one super star that has to play regardless. I found it hilarious that when he was taken off, the pundits/commentators where saying it’s SUPER BRAVE TO TAKE OFF THE ENGLAND CAPTAIN. What’s the obsession with the England captain, why is this such a big deal? Must be the only country in the world where it’s seen as this big massive deal. Half the nations just give it to the oldest player/most capped player.

Southgate should leave too. You could even say solely based on the above statement. He’s almost got away with it again - maybe thats the plan? - I doubt it though. Could have easily gone out deservedly in the second round. I know we don’t see them in training but Palmer should be playing more for me and what’s the deal with Gordon getting as many minutes as me even if he did fall off his bike. Credit to shaw but there has to be more cover on that side rather than playing someone out of position like that.

Bring back the premier league!!

Soldato
Hopefully that's the end of both Southgate and Kane.

England need to break the bank and get Pep in as the next manager. :D
Not sure Pep would work for England we don’t have a keeper who can play his system or the absolute rock of a holding mifielder he relies on. I can’t see us tempting him out of club football there are too many clubs with loads of cash who would want him.

Back
Top Bottom