UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing Southgate’s saying is actually positive, it’s just excuse after excuse.

Almost like a failed Championship level manager is baffled more is expected from the national team and him.

Last edited:
Reactions: fez
I really don’t agree with this idea that it’s good we are avoiding the better teams. Even if you win a tournament, can you really say you deserved it. I am not so sure.
Of course you can, that is every cup tournament. No team plays every good team.
Look at that average position map. Foden and Bellingham joined at the hip. Just getting in each others way.

Becoming clear they both can't play in the same team if Foden refuses to stay wide.
That's because they switched for the second half, of course their average position will be similar.

It was better today - they tended to at least rotate who's doing what, instead of both being in the same spot at the same time
It wasn't though. Towards the end they both made the exact same run backwards towards a player for a pass. Happened loads and Bellingham is being hampered by it big time. You dont see Vini Jr, constantly drifting in congesting the area up.
It clearly isn't working.

What does Southgate mean by difficult environment we playing in ?

Said was an improvement not sure about that
It's well known Germany has a human-unfriendly environment made up of 89.8% Hydrogen (H2), 10.2% Helium, 0.3% Methane, 0.026% Ammonia, 0.003% Hydrogen deuteride,0.0006% Ethane and 0.0004% water.

Not necessarily - look at Giroud for example.
There are other ways that a team can be setup around a slower striker

I’ll still stand by what I say. The pace foden, palmer or even Bellingham bring, it needs to carry on from the striker. Kane slows it down and then the ball goes backwards.

It wasn't though. Towards the end they both made the exact same run backwards towards a player for a pass. Happened loads and Bellingham is being hampered by it big time. You dont see Vini Jr, constantly drifting in congesting the area up.
It clearly isn't working.

I agree with the fact that it's not working. But it was better than the last 2 games.

I think you have to play a rotation with Foden and Bellingham. Tell them to go for hell for 45mins, run after every ball, press hard, then swap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom