Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Koreans believes they won the World Cup in 2014.

When you have the propaganda in place…you can do anything.

They're rather more isolated than Russia though. Granted while most Russians are reliant on state-controlled TV news they're not completely cut off from the rest of the world.

I get that Ukraine likely needs the energy from the planet but it's pretty criminal they haven't shut it down while a war goes on in their car park
Unless you do an emergency SCRAM of the reactor (which itself isn't instant and usually results in the reactor needing fair amounts of work to ever get going again), it's a slow process to safely shuit down a reactor.

Normal, and sane military forces shouldn't be firing anywhere near a known nuclear reactor, as even if it's completely shut down on shell in the wrong place and you've got a fairly major incident, if not massive disaster (and even if your troops don't care about that, they might care about being closes to high levels of concentrated, highly radioactive materials, likely with a fair bit in dust form to breath in).

Its not instant but reasonably quick to shut down reactions.

A controlled shutdown can take a few hours, but that doesnt deal with the heat decay which can last years.

I get that Ukraine likely needs the energy from the planet but it's pretty criminal they haven't shut it down while a war goes on in their car park

As above, war in car park or not, they may as well continue producing as it doesnt change anything.

Yikes! (If true)

Appears to be under attack anyhow - mostly RPG and sniper fire, occasional bursts of machinegun or heavier automatic fire.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYUT36YGOh8

They are stood in the carpark in the open like the unprofessional outfit they are.

Not sure which forces are where - some are saying it is Russians in the car park others Ukrainians - apparently the Russian tanks though are sitting back from the action currently and it is RPG and the likes rather than shelling.

I've been watching a lot of videos from the last 4-5 years that seem to build up to the situation that we are seeing at the moment.
It's actually quite frightening how many warning signs and indicators have been clearly visible and present on the lead up to what we are seeing just now.

This is something that has been bubbling away underneath the surface for years. I know what I'm saying sounds obvious now, but whats happening now seems to have been inevitable regardless.

I've been watching a lot of videos from the last 4-5 years that seem to build up to the situation that we are seeing at the moment.
It's actually quite frightening how many warning signs and indicators have been clearly visible and present on the lead up to what we are seeing just now.

This is something that has been bubbling away underneath the surface for years. I know what I'm saying sounds obvious now, but whats happening now seems to have been inevitable regardless.

Once Russia started leaving equipment behind at forward staging areas while making a lot of noise about drawdowns it was getting pretty suspicious.

Unless you do an emergency SCRAM of the reactor (which itself isn't instant and usually results in the reactor needing fair amounts of work to ever get going again), it's a slow process to safely shuit down a reactor.

Normal, and sane military forces shouldn't be firing anywhere near a known nuclear reactor, as even if it's completely shut down on shell in the wrong place and you've got a fairly major incident, if not massive disaster (and even if your troops don't care about that, they might care about being closes to high levels of concentrated, highly radioactive materials, likely with a fair bit in dust form to breath in).

I don't think you appreciate just how solidly built the containment units are, we're not going to get a Chernobyl or even a Fukushima, but they should have started shutting down the reactors when they knew troops were heading this way many hours ago, the fallout from the media if something nuclear leaky happens will be far worse than the actual fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom