Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that the UN would get stuck in at that point.

It did occur to me that Putin is doing this to bait NATO so he then gets the excuse he needs to turn a few locations to glass, but I could be over thinking, it could just be down to incompetence rather than actual lunacy ?

That sounds like an awful plan, what’s the end game against NATO? To get absolutely destroyed or nuke each other and go down together? There is no way to come out of that winning. You have to be suicidal to do that.

It'll be fine I've just been listening into a space with actual nuclear plant engineers explaining all about it and how it's not going to be terrible if something bad happened, they all seem perfectly fine with it apart from the fact the plant should have been shut down

I've been following a similar conversation elsewhere - there seems to be a touching naivety as to these safety systems still functioning properly if damaged by combat should it come to it.

FM9xu-Se-VIAEj1x1.jpg

Oh ffs! :mad:
It seems we are going to get nuclear war after all :( and we didn't even stop Putin.

I've been following a similar conversation elsewhere - there seems to be a touching naivety as to these safety systems still functioning properly if damaged by combat should it come to it.

I guess there's the caveat that these are Ukrainian/Soviet reactors so it's possible corners were cut, but they seem pretty unconcerned about risk for meltdown and if meltdown did occur the fallout would be minimal, I'm not a nuclear engineer so I trust their opinion as they work in the field

That sounds like an awful plan, what’s the end game against NATO? To get absolutely destroyed or nuke each other and go down together? There is no way to come out of that winning. You have to be suicidal to do that.

hence why I said lunacy. If this was a relatively sane dictator (not sure if that even exists), then yes it would be a complete ball sack of a plan. However Putin has pretty much shown himself to be mental, so in his mind he might think this is the plan of a tactical genius ? I doubt any of his yes men generals and advisors would tell him its a crock of ****. I would imagine for Putin not winning doesn't matter providing he is not the only loser, so taking out NATO with him probably sounds like victory in his mind ? It's hard to tell with some of these despots.

Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine Has Caught Fire.
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Fire Has Already Erupted. If It Explodes, It Will Be Ten Times the Size of Chernobyl.
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russians Must Immediately Cease the Fire, Allow Firefighters, Establish a Security Zone!

Firefighters at Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Facility Are Unable to Start Putting Out Fires and Are Being Shot at by Russian Troops – RIA Citing Ukrainian Energy Ministry.

He's not an F1 driver anymore, and he was only an F1 driver last year because his dad is an oligarch.

Not quite true.

Daddy Mazepin's sponsorship money being an Oligarch helped open doors for certain. Mazepin wasn't completely out of place in F1 - you need enough superlicense points by performing well in the feeder series. If he was a perennial midpack runner in lower formulas he wouldn't have had enough points to make it.

Were there more deserving drivers who didn't make it because not enough sponsorship money? Sure.

People need to settle down, the risk of actual meltdown is extremely low.

pretty sure they said the same thing about RBMK's exploding ?

Also some of the reactors were comissioned in that plant nearly 40 years ago. First ones being 1985, so I would take a punt that they aren't exactly modern and seeing how the plnat was built in the USSR they probbaly did it on the cheap and cut massive corners. So even if the risk is low, it would still make sense for them to not have running battles in and around a nuclear complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom