Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTAF, reckless beyond belief. I'd place a small amount of the blame here on the Ukrainian defenders though - why would you choose to fight right next to a nuclear power plant in your own country?

Hopefully the plant started shutting down as soon as Russians got within 20km of it so should just be quietly dealing with residual heat at this point I'd hope, reducing the likelihood of something going wrong. Not that it couldn't still go wrong if the supply of coolant or emergency power systems get damaged.

FM9xu-Se-VIAEj1x1.jpg

Oh ffs! :mad:

Bit late... Gold spiking

Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine Has Caught Fire.
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Fire Has Already Erupted. If It Explodes, It Will Be Ten Times the Size of Chernobyl.
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russians Must Immediately Cease the Fire, Allow Firefighters, Establish a Security Zone!

If something bad happens at the power plant, would this be a legitimate reason for the west to interfere considering the potential (no matter how small it is) risk to nearby countries / Europe generally?

I would hope that the UN would get stuck in at that point.

It did occur to me that Putin is doing this to bait NATO so he then gets the excuse he needs to turn a few locations to glass, but I could be over thinking, it could just be down to incompetence rather than actual lunacy ?

For now :s who knows how this unfolds.

It'll be fine I've just been listening into a space with actual nuclear plant engineers explaining all about it and how it's not going to be terrible if something bad happened, they all seem perfectly fine with it apart from the fact the plant should have been shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom