Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a bit of a self own if the whole thing blows.

If he's doing reckless stuff like this then maybe the story about him trying a nuke in the north sea isn't too far-fetched after all? Am ordering some iodine tablets now!

This entire invasion has been a show of stupidity from the Russians and I doubt that this will be the most stupid thing we will see over the course of it

Quit being a drama queen. That was 1986. The design flaw with the control rods and the positive void coefficient has been fixed in the intervening 35 years.

the reactors in question here are not RBMK's they are VVER-1000's that designs date back to the 70's and 80's. Technically they are safer than previous reactors from the Soviet era, but they are still old school and the plant itself was built under the Soviet regime, so even though some modernisation work has no doubt been done, it's still and old plant that has got nutters engaging in a fire fight and artillery being used in its very close vicinity. Nothing about that is either normal or I would say safe.

I did wonder how long before we'd see something like this. Similar to how troops who used flamethrowers were viewed in ww2 and onward, they were just not taken prisoner.

On that subject I saw a documentary that said British soldiers didn’t take German machine gunners prisoner in WW1.
Personally, had I been a German machine gunner and could see that my position was going to be overrun, I’d have moved as far away from my machine gun as possible before raising my hands in the vain hope that a gentleman Tommy would treat me kindly.

wtf are they doing? why the **** are they doing it?
That plant provides nearly 25% of Ukraine's electricity, if they can knock it out and capture the nearby coal plant it would choke the Ukrainian grid.

Don't worry, the USSR were very adamant that VVER reactors cannot explode, and they were never wrong before :P

Seems like a bit of a self own if the whole thing blows.

If he's doing reckless stuff like this then maybe the story about him trying a nuke in the north sea isn't too far-fetched after all? Am ordering some iodine tablets now!

With the prevailing wind conditions they get the Shetland Islands pretty good... I would consider an off-shore demonstration somewhat likely in this situation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom