Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people here seem happy in their echo chamber add in a healthy dose of 'bantz' and you're all good.

I initially came in asking 'what about this?' 'this is a factor in the equation' 'I'm digging around and found this' 'I'm trying to contextualise things and found this'

All I got in return was insults and derision. That's not discussing things, that's not debate. It's pretty hostile in here if you're not toeing the party line.

Have a think about that. A lot of people are hostile if they're presented with things they don't agree with. That's not how society should work.

Flip equation, you come to me and I don't agree with what you're saying, I'd try to find out why you think that and prove you wrong with as much info as I could find. I'd explain nuances I felt you were missing, explain the bigger picture, the context, the external factors involved.

What I wouldn't do is ask who your russia handlers are, whether you're a bot, call you a turd that wouldn't flush, call you right wing, call you a putin supporter.

Very hostile.

I was in this thread before Russia invaded, and was trying to convey the point that the Ukrainian people have been led by corrupt idiots for generations, living the yacht life retiring early off dirty money from Russian land gas pipelines, laundered in London and the BVI and buying up Belgravia building by building. Zelenskyy was possibly the turning point, but that he too was also suspect, I even linked a disparaging guardian article that's still available. I pointed out their corruption via the corruption perception index and that plenty in Europe were sceptical that this whole mess was like two Slavic cousins having a drunken fight at a wedding.

Then Putin ordered the invasion and well Zelenskyy and the Ukrainian people have swayed my opinion. They really don't want to be the Russian armpit of Europe any longer, and I doubt if we knew the real numbers does Belarus either. Lukashenko is so brazen you can see the puppet strings firmly in Putin's hands, that's the coup Russia got right, and what they would have loved to recreate in Ukraine.

*Reads my entire post - "So what you're saying is you're a putin apologist?"

I guess these comments will keep coming, ah well.

I don't excuse his actions, they were a long time coming, we had plenty of chance to avoid all this.
Your posts are just full of unsubstantiated bluster under some strange guise of being a higher level thinker before trying to finish off in a defensive position about how downtrodden and bullied you are by the rest of the forum. It’s very strange.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10583491/amp/Russia-warns-countries-supplying-Ukraine-jets-regarded-participants.html

So what’s the deal here then? Is this just a threat from putin to deter the idea and stop it happening or is nato members giving these planes going to result in Russia reacting by bombing a nato members airfield or worse… go nuclear etc. ??

basically will this just be considered an ‘arms deal’ by Russia just like all the other weapons so far or are we all doomed now as it’s going to spread the conflict and result in nuclear disaster?

If that's wrong, I'm happy to be wrong.

Don't really disagree with most of your post. I think the West, much like myself, didn't think Putin need anything more in his life. All the money, status and power he required and was probably overlooked and felt aggrieved by the loss of the USSR.

Only thing I would say is that we're past the point of discussion. We can deal out the recriminations afterwards. Right now we have to help Ukraine survive.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....lying-Ukraine-jets-regarded-participants.html

So what’s the deal here then? Is this just a threat from putin to deter the idea and stop it happening or is nato members giving these planes going to result in Russia reacting by bombing a nato members airfield or worse… go nuclear etc. ??

basically will this just be considered an ‘arms deal’ by Russia just like all the other weapons so far or are we all doomed now as it’s going to spread the conflict and result in nuclear disaster?
Technically it’s US supplying them so Russia can’t do anything.

This thread is a cesspit of hate and hypocrisy. Let them stew in it.

Do you mean like the US supporting Saudi Arabia as they bomb Yemen and create the worst humanitarian crisis?
What about certain NATO countries enforcing a no fly zone over Libya to support a regime change? (Oh you guys actually thought that a country needs to be part of Nato to get a no fly zone :cry::cry::cry:)

Why make up scenarios when there are real ones to pick from? Because you don't know about them?

Gotta love the calls of hypocrisy not realising it makes them the hypocrite. I agree, what's going on in Yemen is disgusting. But since you're dead set against anything being done in Ukraine you also, therefore, must also be against anything being done in Yemen? That's your logic right now.
What about all the countries that has NOTHING to do with Iraq, the Saudis, Afghan, Yemen who are also sanctioning Russia. Are they too 'hypocrites'?

*Reads my entire post - "So what you're saying is you're a putin apologist?"

I guess these comments will keep coming, ah well.

I don't excuse his actions, they were a long time coming, we had plenty of chance to avoid all this.

What I said was:
Fostering conflict by supplying instruments of death to take the lives of young men on both sides is not the answer, discussion and compromise with consideration of all the factors at play is the only way forward to minimise loss and tragedy.

If that's wrong, I'm happy to be wrong.

You seem to be suggesting Putin was forced to invade, as if he was left with no choice. When the reality is, this has been planned for potentially years. There’s no justifiable reason for Russia to have invaded Ukraine and the resulting deviation and loss of life (oh what sorry, it’s a peace keeping mission isn’t it?).

Your posts are just full of unsubstantiated bluster under some strange guise of being a higher level thinker before trying to finish off in a defensive position about how downtrodden and bullied you are by the rest of the forum. It’s very strange.

It's also quite the juxtaposition of victim mentality, whilst simultaneously victim blaming (to a degree).

Any update on the daily Russian losses?
An estimate from this morning.
C92-C78-EC-A6-C2-4-E18-9-E9-D-16-D32-C57-D699.jpg

I was in this thread before Russia invaded, and was trying to convey the point that the Ukrainian people have been led by corrupt idiots for generations, living the yacht life retiring early off dirty money from Russian land gas pipelines, laundered in London and the BVI and buying up Belgravia building by building. Zelenskyy was possibly the turning point, but that he too was also suspect, I even linked a disparaging guardian article that's still available. I pointed out their corruption via the corruption perception index and that plenty in Europe were sceptical that this whole mess was like two Slavic cousins having a drunken fight at a wedding.

Then Putin ordered the invasion and well Zelenskyy and the Ukrainian people have swayed my opinion. They really don't want to be the Russian armpit of Europe any longer, and I doubt if we knew the real numbers does Belarus either. Lukashenko is so brazen you can see the puppet strings firmly in Putin's hands, that's the coup Russia got right, and what they would have loved to recreate in Ukraine.

How did zelensky and the people change your mind?

Technically it’s US supplying them so Russia can’t do anything.

Is this why they're being moved and rebadged first? I did wonder why this was happening.

It's quite a symbolic gesture. I wonder how Putin will respond.

I wonder if Biden will ring Zelensky and say, "I've got you $13.6B in aid and 27 MIGs.... but I would like you to do us a favour though."

The Bidens have form in Ukraine so unlikely the first time Zelensky has been asked a favour of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom