Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Something is weird about this plane thing.

a few days back, Poland, Slovakia and Bulgaria or Hungary were all giving planes.

next day only Poland are giving them.

next day Poland government say it’s false news, they won’t be providing planes and they help in other ways.

next day they are giving planes to USA for them to do as they wish / give to Ukraine.

few hours later…. Pentagon state it’s dangerous and it’s not happening.

Commissario
Slightly silly thinking.

The Polish government fly the aircraft to a US base.
The US have breach of security where all of them just happen to get stolen, no one knows who stole them, or sees it happen (and aircraft tend not to have locks...)
Suddenly the Ukranians find a bunch of aircraft in the back of a barn and get them up in the air.

Caporegime
Slightly silly thinking.

The US have breach of security where all of them just happen to get stolen, no one knows who stole them, or sees it happen (and aircraft tend not to have locks...)
Suddenly the Ukranians find a bunch of aircraft in the back of a barn and get them up in the air.

Funny as it would be, will never wash with the Russians.

Clearly (in my eyes) the transfer was going to go ahead a few times but the hotline probably rang at the DOD and Russia says nope.

Soldato
Was reported on the news as a done deal earlier. They shouldn't keep screwing Ukraine around with false promises.

Perhaps Poland could fly them somewhere neutral (and empty) for "storage" and the Ukrainians could fly in and pinch them.

Soldato
Slightly silly thinking.

There is almost nowhere to land these things in Ukraine and Russia says any planes that take off from NATO territory (or another country) and go straight to attacking Russian troops is a declaration of war between the country that airfield is in

So if these Migs fly off from Poland and go straight to Ukraine and drop bombs on the Russians, they'll start bombing Poland

And right now I don't trust the Ukrainians on this, if you let their pilots come pickup the planes in Poland there is a high chance they just go drop bombs instead of landing first in Ukraine - I'd not be surprised if they do this just to pull NATO into the war so US and NATO needs to be very careful

Soldato
I thought the Polish MiGs were a done deal :confused:

Nah, thats just this thread. Real news sources stated there was a idea floated that mig jets that poland owns that the ukranian pilots know how to fly could be handed over to ukraine that was probably the US's thinking. However the Poles got cold feet about this idea when Putin started saying that any airfields that host them i.e. in poland could be targeted by russia. So now theres some kind of odd deal to fly them to germany to be handed over to the americans who will... do goodness knows what with them. Smuggle them in, who knows.

Caporegime
we can not ever fight with Russia. we can never not cross any red lines they state.
how many of these fighter jets may be able to carry nuclear missles as a payload?

Yeah, that's the fear, and it's the fear that keeps the West inert while Russia carries out WW2 style atrocities in Ukraine. But Russia has the same set of fears; the West can destroy Russia just as thoroughly in a nuclear war and we can also beat them in a conventional war (outside of Russia itself, anyway). Putin may be a fascist dictator of the lowest slime order but I don't believe he is willing to end Russia.

Soldato
A better solution would be for the US to "donate" an aircraft carrier that parks itself off the coast of Turkey and the Ukrainians fly from there using long range bombers but they probably don't have training to do any of this so it's moot

Soldato
Something is weird about this plane thing.

a few days back, Poland, Slovakia and Bulgaria or Hungary were all giving planes.

next day only Poland are giving them.

next day Poland government say it’s false news, they won’t be providing planes and they help in other ways.

next day they are giving planes to USA for them to do as they wish / give to Ukraine.

few hours later…. Pentagon state it’s dangerous and it’s not happening.

It's what happens when Politicians with no idea about military matters say things which sound popular to the general public but make no practical sense to the militaries involved who then have to quietly tell the Politicians "nope, can't happen" by which point the Politicians don't care as they got their "free good PR" out of the initial claims.

I'm still absolutely sceptical that we'll see "ex-Polish" MiGs over the Ukraine anytime soon, if ever.

Man of Honour
A better solution would be for the US to "donate" an aircraft carrier that parks itself off the coast of Turkey and the Ukrainians fly from there using long range bombers but they probably don't have training to do any of this so it's moot

Wouldn't last long without an entire support group - Russia has the ability to destroy ships in the Black Sea relatively easily compared to their efficiency/effectiveness elsewhere in the campaign. I doubt Ukrainian pilots are trained on carrier landings or how to fly carrier capable planes either.

Soldato
Was reported on the news as a done deal earlier. They shouldn't keep screwing Ukraine around with false promises.

Perhaps Poland could fly them somewhere neutral (and empty) for "storage" and the Ukrainians could fly in and pinch them.
can't Ukraine invade Poland and say, "we taking you planes init bruv" but not invade if you get me drift yo!

Soldato
Talk of sending dozens of fighter jets was rash, I would have liked to see them trickle in on the quiet.

Peru bought some MiGs from Belarus in the 90s, apparently without any service contract. Perhaps those are still in a shed somewhere and can be reconditioned for Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom