Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
$33bn wow.. have to commend the USA they step their game up when they need to... Love it.

Hopefully they stay a military powerhouse for many years to come and carry on policing the world, how it should be. Can't trust Russia/China, power to the USA!

Soldato
$33bn wow.. have to commend the USA they step their game up when they need to... Love it.

Hopefully they stay a military powerhouse for many years to come and carry on policing the world, how it should be. Can't trust Russia/China, power to the USA!
They really are the lesser of all evils. They're not the "good" guys, but they're the guys whose side you want to be on, clearly

Soldato
We beat Russia in the Cold War by avoiding direct conflict, I mean I don't disagree with sending small arms to Ukraine, but we need to be clear that Ukraine should fight a defensive war and NATO shouldn't be their military industry because that makes us legitimate targets. These are facts. If we're supplying heavy arms to Ukraine then why aren't we a target?
It's similar to the USSR invasion of Afghanistan, the west didn't directly interfere but we supplied enough weapons the Mujahideen to make it costly attritional war that the soviets could no longer afford to maintain and were forced to pull out which triggered a whole chain of events that lead to collpast of the Soviet Union.

Man of Honour
In terms of death, nuclear weapons are pretty tame compared to some of the ways ours ancenstors enjoyed killing each other

IIRC nuclear weapons weren't intentionally invented in the first place anyhow - it was the consequence of advances in science and understanding - at a certain point it became apparent how powerful it would be as a weapon and how much power it hands to whoever wields it - then you can't leave it to chance that no one will do such :(

Unfortunately a very realistic scenario, as parallel development was going on right back to almost 1900, that without WW2 and the use of those 2 bombs demonstrating the horror of it is that we'd have built up to a West vs (USSR) Russia full on nuclear exchange sometimes around the 1980s or so.

Soldato

Lets just be thankful the orange one isn't sat in the WH or Ukraine would have likely lost weeks ago.

Soldato
IIRC nuclear weapons weren't intentionally invented in the first place anyhow - it was the consequence of advances in science and understanding - at a certain point it became apparent how powerful it would be as a weapon and how much power it hands to whoever wields it - then you can't leave it to chance that no one will do such :(

Unfortunately a very realistic scenario, as parallel development was going on right back to almost 1900, that without WW2 and the use of those 2 bombs demonstrating the horror of it is that we'd have built up to a West vs Russia full on nuclear exchange sometimes around the 1980s or so.
I often imagine a world without.

Man of Honour
Only a matter of time

We don't even have a siren system any more and I wouldn't want to rely on a mobile phone based system for alerts alone.

AFAIK we have no plan anyhow nowhere to shelter, no preparation to survive or rebuild even where and when it might be possible. In some ways being too prepared might make such an eventuality seem less bad increasing the chances of a situation going down that road but I'm not sure that is really the case.

Reactions: B&W
Soldato
We don't even have a siren system any more and I wouldn't want to rely on a mobile phone based system for alerts alone.

AFAIK we have no plan anyhow nowhere to shelter, no preparation to survive or rebuild even where and when it might be possible. In some ways being too prepared might make such an eventuality seem less bad increasing the chances of a situation going down that road but I'm not sure that is really the case.
Perhaps Boris could "build better" nuclear protection for us :D

Soldato

I know from reading Feynman's books, (he worked on the part of the bomb, to do with the exact masses and sizes of fissionable materials) that he was very upset about how they continued to build the bomb, after Hitler had been defeated. Essentially, he felt that they should have stopped and never completed it once the original problem of Hitler had gone away, but at the time - none of them thought like that and the project had to be completed because they'd gotten so far.

To be honest, I'm still trying to wrap my head around exactly what's going on and what might happen, I don't see any simple or easy end to it, in fact i have absolutely no idea what Ukraine / Russia will look like in 2-3 years time.. I am just literally mindblown by everything that's happened, and what might happen does frighten me to be honest.

Soldato

I've got the Secret Nuclear Bunker 15 mins away on my motorbike if I thrash it.

Better video

Caporegime
I know from reading Feynman's books, (he worked on the part of the bomb, to do with the exact masses and sizes of fissionable materials) that he was very upset about how they continued to build the bomb, after Hitler had been defeated. Essentially, he felt that they should have stopped and never completed it once the original problem of Hitler had gone away, but at the time - none of them thought like that and the project had to be completed because they'd gotten so far.

To be honest, I'm still trying to wrap my head around exactly what's going on and what might happen, I don't see any simple or easy end to it, in fact i have absolutely no idea what Ukraine / Russia will look like in 2-3 years time.. I am just literally mindblown by everything that's happened, and what might happen does frighten me to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about. Just get comfortable with the fact that a handful of old, mentally ill, mega wealthy people dictate your life and will quite possibly decide your fate.

Soldato
Russia has approximately 1,000 nuclear weapons, do you know how much damage Russia can do to the West? You're so keen to roll the dice on your life and everyone elses, why aren't you out fighting in Ukraine living out your suicidal fantasy?

Unfortunately the only way to force checkmate or stalemate is for the putin to understand that to launch will trigger an immediate retaliation before even the ICBM (nuke or dummy payload) has landed.
Putin’s kremlin is just peeved that they cant use a nuclear weapon without their actions triggering the distruction of russia and pretty much the planet ecosystem which would immediately turn everyone including China against them.

Asia pac see this being a euro conflict but nuke talk by russia makes this a global problem and one that china plus the US want to ensure is kept sane.

Soldato

Yea I'm sure the muslims in the middle-east feel the same way.

Reactions: B&W
Soldato
*Two Large Explosions Heard in Ukrainian Capital Kyiv — Reuters Eyewitnesses
YIuxVCf.png

*Ukrainian Presidential Aide: We Have Suffered Heavy Losses, But Russia Has Suffered Much More
*U.S. Pentagon Spokesperson Kirby: (When Asked About the Kyiv Bombing) We Are Still Analyzing What Happened
*U.S. Pentagon Spokesperson Kirby: Russia Trying to Get Better at Integrating Command and Control, Logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom