Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Russia is merely defending areas with russian population, from the aggressors(NATO & azov nazis). Nato(and their minions) are the ones invading and occupying russian territory, and terrorizing the russian population living there for the last 8 years.

That explains why, despite being relatively Russian leaning, they've been received so warmly in places like Kharkiv and in places like Voznesensk even the little old ladies have been helping to bring down artillery on them...

There has been some oppression of pro-Russian populations but aside from some isolated exceptions nothing which would warrant what Russia is doing now - hence even those areas who are heavily pro-Russian are fighting back tooth and nail.

EDIT: Aside from the completely ludicrous take on NATO there - there is a certain irony that those ultra right wing elements who have been involved in some persecution originate out of Russian organisations anyway... and until 2014 maintained strong links with Russian ultras, etc........

Soldato
They're doing about as much as they feel they're capable of doing at present. Germany aren't dragging their feet, they're concerned about the future wellbeing of their own citizens who voted them in to keep them safe and secure. If the energy infrastructure collapses too early then it's not just a case of a few shivering Germans come the winter, entire sections of industry will not be able to operate until alternate supplies can be found and with every other country scrambling for alternatives who knows when that could be. Germany and other EU countries struggling to build a solution are doing what governments have always and arguably SHOULD always do, be certain that domestic issues take precedent over all else.
The real argument is that they shouldn't have put so much stock in Russian energy to begin with, but that's a different argument for an age gone by.

They FEEL?

Can't wait till Ukraine turn the gas off ;)

Soldato
NATO & azov nazis are the ones that murdering civilians and invading areas with russian population.

Russia is merely defending areas with russian population, from the aggressors(NATO & azov nazis). Nato(and their minions) are the ones invading and occupying russian territory, and terrorizing the russian population living there for the last 8 years.

They are puppets of the west, so they will do whatever nato wants.
Brain dead idiot alert

Caporegime
They are puppets of the west, so they will do whatever nato wants.

Shame. I guess they didn't want to be Russia's puppet instead.

Hardly anyone wants to be Russia's puppet. That's why Putin is so upset. He lost the culture war with the ex Soviet States. They have mostly all embraced western democracy.

It isn't the rest of the world's fault that he sucks at politics/global influence, or that simply the world is moving on from regimes like Russia's.

Man of Honour
Shame. I guess they didn't want to be Russia's puppet instead.

Hardly anyone wants to be Russia's puppet. That's why Putin is so upset. He lost the culture war with the ex Soviet States. They have mostly all embraced western democracy.

It isn't the rest of the world's fault that he sucks at politics/global influence, or that simply the world is moving on from regimes like Russia's.

Seems to be one of the major factors behind this invasion - Russian leadership can't have Ukraine moving West looking like a success.

Soldato
a81V9ZQ_700bwp.webp

Caporegime
I hope the talk of Norway and Sweden joining nato doesn't cause some crazy reaction from putin.

Putin: I don't like your little "One for all, all for one" club you got over there.
I'm going to invade one of you who hasn't joined.
Non members: **** we might get same if we don't join
*nordic states join up *
Putin: guys.. Why the **** did you join that club? Told you not too.
Nordic states:.....
Putin: damn see how much of a threat that club is?
Everyone else:.....

Caporegime
I hope the talk of Norway and Sweden joining nato doesn't cause some crazy reaction from putin.

Putin: I don't like your little "One for all, all for one" club you got over there.
I'm going to invade one of you who hasn't joined.
Non members: **** we might get same if we don't join
*nordic states join up *
Putin: guys.. Why the **** did you join that club? Told you not too.
Nordic states:.....
Putin: damn see how much of a threat that club is?
Everyone else:.....

However large NATO grows, it isn't a threat to Russia. Nato would never attack Russia in an unprovoked manner.

Anything Putin says about a "threat" is just a lie to give him an excuse.

He just doesn't like it that Russia's influence, wealth and power is dwindling.

Soldato
However large NATO grows, it isn't a threat to Russia. Nato would never attack Russia in an unprovoked manner.

Anything Putin says about a "threat" is just a lie to give him an excuse.

He just doesn't like it that Russia's influence, wealth and power is dwindling.
If only Putin realised how much Russia would have prospered with de-escalation and cooperation with the west..

Man of Honour
With friends in Sweden i am very happy with Boris agreeing to provide help if they are invaded. Sweden couldn't be any less Russian.

Personally I think we should work more with Sweden on developing the CV-90 as an addition to our armour and a variant of the Gripen focussing on maximising its cost effectiveness, STOL and field maintenance capabilities, with 20-50 put into fleet in the UK and possibly as a future aircraft for Ukraine (though not sure the US would be happy with that) and other smaller European nations.

Soldato
surely @kylew_is_back account has been hacked and this is some weird bot posting now. none of their posts make even the slightest of sense unless they are some sort of troll living under a rock in the deepest darkest depths of Siberia who've been completely brainwashed by russian state media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom