Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yeah OPSEC is definitely becoming a thing there - but fortunately it seems it is taking a long time to trickle down to the men in the field and the Russian's fighting on the ground largely aren't seeing the information we are and institutionally they have a hard time adapting from what is really Soviet era doctrine (which is kind of worrying in some ways - as that doctrine gets more and more brutal in retreat).

Soldato
It was good to see the signing of a security pact between UK and Sweden - Finland.

It is good to get on the front foot so red lines are drawn.

I hope that a European country make a similar security pact with Moldova.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Just saw a video of russian soldiers killing two civilians by shooting them in the back after asking them for cigarettes.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there's no way they can win in Ukraine except for levelling the place.

The people will never want them there. Don't know how blind the russian leadership is.

Can't see any scenario where this ends well for Russia, they might as well call it a success and **** off back to pre invasion borders.

Soldato
Can't see any scenario where this ends well for Russia, they might as well call it a success and **** off back to pre invasion borders.
It wont end there though, Ukraine has already stated that it will no longer negotiate and will not settle for pre-invasion(2022) borders, they fully intend on pushing them back until they have full integrity of their pre-2014 borders.

Soldato
It wont end there though, Ukraine has already stated that it will no longer negotiate and will not settle for pre-invasion(2022) borders, they fully intend on pushing them back until they have full integrity of their pre-2014 borders.

Seeing as they didn't have any ability to contest up until now it's not hard to see why.

Won't get any better than being bankrolled and gifted vast amounts of hardware by the west.

Man of Honour

The way things are going and the reports of them pulling stuff out of Syria, etc. they are less than 6 months from having to make some hard decisions on either going all in (and basically turning the country into North Korea) or fully retreating. Neither of those unfortunately likely have a good ending.

B&W

B&W

Soldato

Would Russia defend Crimea as part of its own territory though?

If so and Ukraine conceivably capture it in the future would they implement there nuclear doctrine?

I would guess depends on who is charge, that's what I think.

Realistically can't see Russia giving up Crimea though.

Man of Honour
I have to say Crimea doesn't seem like good value as an objective for Ukraine aside from some strategy interest (i.e. Sevastopol) and the fact that Russia stole it - it seems like a money pit, has significantly more pro-Russian population than the rest of Ukraine and will be exceedingly costly for Ukraine to assault if Russia puts up any real defence.

Associate
If Ukraine can recapture their coastline they could effectively have free reign to bomb the bridge that connects Crimea to Russia and re-dam the Canal supplying the Crimea peninsula again turning the place into a desert.

It would not be in Russia's financial interest to keep the place supplied but with all their new equipment I think they would have a good shot at recapturing it once everything else is retaken.

Soldato
It was good to see the signing of a security pact between UK and Sweden - Finland.

It is good to get on the front foot so red lines are drawn.

I hope that a European country make a similar security pact with Moldova.
It also means we won’t get ‘nil points’ this year :D

Associate
If Ukraine can recapture their coastline they could effectively have free reign to bomb the bridge that connects Crimea to Russia and re-dam the Canal supplying the Crimea peninsula again turning the place into a desert.

I think that would be the best option - it would become a millstone around Russia's neck, a perminant drain upon them.

Soldato
Just saw a video of russian soldiers killing two civilians by shooting them in the back after asking them for cigarettes.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there's no way they can win in Ukraine except for levelling the place.

The people will never want them there. Don't know how blind the russian leadership is.

That video and the extended version leave no doubt that was murder plain and simple. Lot of Russian bots calling it a false flag and staged on Twitter :rolleyes:

Soldato
That video and the extended version leave no doubt that was murder plain and simple. Lot of Russian bots calling it a false flag and staged on Twitter :rolleyes:
It's interesting that CNN do not censor the video and show the full footage in their feed, whilst BBC version is heavily edited to not show the brutality of war - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61425025 I honestly believe people should be shown the reality whether they like it or not in able to grasp the full of scope what exactly is happening in this war, can you imagine if we never got to see Holocaust images because they were too "graphic" it would completely dampen just how horrific it actually was and how we should learn from not repeating again

Associate

In total 73 Russian equipment were destroyed/abandoned, including a BTG worth of AFVs failed at the failed Russian Siverskyi Donets river crossing near Bilohorivka

That must set a record for modern day military losses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom