Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
F15's and Typhoon's flying very low above my house this week. (Nidderdale, N.Yorks). Noise is brutal. As a one-off, it's great, but wouldn't want to be on a regular flightpath.

Had some Typhoons fly over us today too, and a bunch of Hercules.
Also, just noticed your sig is the artwork from the inside cover of Lifeforms by FSOL. Nice.

Man of Honour
There won't be anything small or localised if any part of this kicks off. I can't see it not turning into a massively protracted conflict, unless Ukraine rolls over, which may be one of the few deterrents left. I highly suspect the original intention was if anything were to happen at all was post the disruption and/or headshotting of Ukraine's government, military leadership and infrastructure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think we need a small war in Europe that hopefully does not go nuclear. There is too many issues domestically everywhere, inflation is definitely not transitionary. A short war will turn peoples attention elsewhere, away from troubles at home. Especially if we can limit to Ukranians and Russians killing each other while we stand on sides with popcorn.

Ahh. You mean like that little straightener that Austria-Hungary embarked on with Serbia in 1914 that totally didn’t spiral out of control at all…

Man of Honour
Tensions are building up , looks like war with Russia is going to happen lads.

Colour me relieved or unpatriotic, but I’m intensely pleased that my two sons are past their use by date for the Reserves.
I have a niggling concern over my German grandson though, he completed helicopter training in the Luftwaffe and was about to go to Afghanistan when the M.O. discovered that he had one leg 1.5 mm shorter than the other.
His father, my son, tells me not to worry, Germany is sending medical supplies and helmets only to Ukraine.

Man of Honour
Tensions are building up , looks like war with Russia is going to happen lads.

Can't see it spilling beyond Ukraine but the picture painted today isn't great with all the recommendation to get out or move as far west as possible and talk of a 48 hour deadline before Ukraine wants to take extraordinary diplomatic measures. Even US/UK intel flights aren't entering Ukraine so far today, though they did do some fairly exhaustive runs yesterday so either they don't think anything is imminent or they are staying well clear - hard to tell - but I think if it was about to kick off they'd have stuff up 24x7 even if pulled back to NATO borders like Poland.

Soldato
Its really frustrating that this keeps escalating. We dont see a lot of whats going on/whats said, we just see whats reported, whats released by Gov agencies and whats available as OSINT. There is clearly more happening in the background and behind closed doors. We the the "what", however the the sum of the "what" dosnt seem to equal the "why".
Dont get me wrong I get the background of the situation and I understand the possible reasons for it to escalate, but what is being said by both sides politicians at all of these summits and meetings just dosnt add up to what is being seen on the ground. I know... colour me surprised, politicians lie.

Can't see it spilling beyond Ukraine
Yeah I see this being very geographically confined. However it wouldnt take much at all for it to escalate further and spill over into surrounding regions or even seperate regions (Baltic states etc?) if it really hots up.

Man of Honour
Yeah I see this being very geographically confined. However it wouldnt take much at all for it to escalate further and spill over into surrounding regions or even seperate regions (Baltic states etc?) if it really hots up.

I don't think Russia wants it spilling over either - the composition of stuff supposedly built up is optimised for action against Ukraine - they've moved some token "deterrent" forces opposed to the West, which have very little use in relation to Ukraine itself, but nothing which would trouble the West as things stand - more just a bit of showing of teeth.

Permabanned
Biden said not long ago that all Americans should leave Ukraine asap. And that there will be no evacuation because Americans are not putting their troops against Russians in Ukraine if it kicks off.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60342814

Asked whether there was a scenario that could prompt him to send troops to rescue fleeing Americans, Mr Biden replied: "There's not. That's a world war when Americans and Russia start shooting at one another. We're in a very different world than we've ever been."

Come on Russia, we're giving all green lights possible. Take the flippin bait already.

Man of Honour
On a military level sure but we are in 2022 now.

Indeed - there was a bunch of cable monitoring/laying ships out last night and at least one, probably more, P8 Poseidons popping up on flight radar now and again around the areas where the main internet/communications interlinks run through the sea.

Soldato
Not quite the Ukrainian region but not far off. However, another interesting aircraft up that i dont often see in this region, WC-135 Constant Phoenix (JAKE21 currently RTB to Mildenhall), not sure where its been patrolling but it has been seen patrolling the Eastern Med in the last week apparently.
From Wiki.
Its mission is to collect samples from the atmosphere for the purpose of detecting and identifying nuclear explosions. It is also informally referred to as the "weather bird"[1] or "the sniffer" by workers on the program and international media respectively.

Man of Honour
Not quite the Ukrainian region but not far off. However, another interesting aircraft up that i dont often see in this region, WC-135 Constant Phoenix (JAKE21 currently RTB to Mildenhall), not sure where its been patrolling but it has been seen patrolling the Eastern Med in the last week apparently.

One did a run off the coast of Syria about a week ago.

Soldato
Indeed - there was a bunch of cable monitoring/laying ships out last night and at least one, probably more, P8 Poseidons popping up on flight radar now and again around the areas where the main internet/communications interlinks run through the sea.

Seems to be a lot of acitivity and USA military aircraft over Europe right now quite a few C17 coming in.

Also Canada military A310?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom