Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the vulgarity remains, the nuance is misquoted by you. Orban once again speaking sensible words, which may well come back to haunt the EU in general if they continue to wind their neck out too far in an attempt to hide their greedy seeking of cheap fuel with total disregard for its long term implications.

Whilst you are blatantly ignoring the other long term implications of Russia 'winning'. They have already shown their willingness to weaponize energy. How do you think it will go with other resources?

Although the vulgarity remains, the nuance is misquoted by you. Orban once again speaking sensible words, which may well come back to haunt the EU in general if they continue to wind their neck out too far in an attempt to hide their greedy seeking of cheap fuel with total disregard for its long term implications.

What a surprise you admire another hard right authoritarian illiberal leader :rolleyes:

Don't be naive. The monies already been spread according to the ranks.
I think folk are getting wrong onformation about the numbers as no reliable source is available. The red army was always inflating their numbers.
According to Misha Yakovlev he was assigned to be a driver mechanic and his vehicle had no engine to his surprise. He served as a conscript in early 2000's for 2 years. Also, after more than ten years he still could not understand why the officer kept repeating that they will not regret the service as he, but he still does. Also he visited Crimea in 2021. The behaviour of local folk was really bizarre.

Not about nativity, there are a lot of truths and a lot of lies when it comes to the state of the Russian forces and people often like to believe the worst stories but they aren't always the whole story.

I suspect this isn't true. They now have (or had) mobilized troops and Wagner doing the fighting. They wouldn't leave 20% in defence of Russia IMO.

EDIT: Looking around at various websites on military strength etc: Russia estimated around 1 million active personnel. 8000 to to 10000 readied tanks. Stock of 12000. So unless there are 800K+ of the active personnel in Ukraine, then 80% is too large an estimate.

Russia never had 8000 ready tanks, tat most it was 3300 split between the Army (2800 ish) and Navy (500 ish) - those numbers come from IISS, and are taken from Russia themselves. The rest of the quoted numbers are those rusting in `storage`. As seen in Sat photos, many have been stripped for spares, and is the reason we are seeing so many T62`s in Ukraine ; Russia had 600 T90`s and have lost 10% of the type . Russia dont have a huge number ready to race for the Fulda gap anymore.

A guy on the news just now talking about a British institute that went into Ukraine and took Russian missiles that had fallen to the ground, analysed them and found 80% of the components came from the West.

Two implications, even though Russia has already upped their production to a war footing, supply is going to be a problem and we have to be aware of Russia trying to covertly obtain the components

I`ll find the video, but T80`s are being upgraded with Thermal sights from T62`s and using T72 gun sights.

Whilst you are blatantly ignoring the other long term implications of Russia 'winning'. They have already shown their willingness to weaponize energy. How do you think it will go with other resources?

Probably the same way, the ignoring of our overpopulation and lack of immigration control even long after the implications of it became apparent will be another nail in the coffin of those that not only poo poohed it, but even encouraged it. I suppose your only hope is that tens of thousands of young fighting fit men arriving on our shores will embrace dying for their new found home and become your saviours. Likewise for Germany and many Scandinavian countries. If i were a betting man though.... I'm sure the future holds a magnanimous and sharing future with our new overseas friends. They seek only sanctuary...

Probably the same way, the ignoring of our overpopulation and lack of immigration control even long after the implications of it became apparent will be another nail in the coffin of those that not only poo poohed it, but even encouraged it. I suppose your only hope is that tens of thousands of young fighting fit men arriving on our shores will embrace dying for their new found home and become your saviours. Likewise for Germany and many Scandinavian countries. If i were a betting man though.... I'm sure the future holds a magnanimous and sharing future with our new overseas friends. They seek only sanctuary...

Again, this is on our government, for more than a decade.

So you're just ignoring the question then. Nice. I shouldn't have expected else of you. Maybe one day you'll grow a moral compass.

It’s preferable to being stuck with the native, grumbly old coffin dodgers.

6th floor, even less than a day later the Colonel's exaggerations have begum.

Once you get past the 3rd, I'd say the actual number is the least relevant part of the story ;)

But I guess thinking windows is a very Russian view point, if you don't want to beat them, enthusiastically join them, eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom