Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
250 million jobs? Are they even that many people working in the US? Lol. I don't believe that figure at all..not for a second.

Sorry, I meant 250,000. :p

A new study from the Federal Reserve found that President Trump’s tariffs are backfiring.

According to the Fed study, the tariffs that went into effect in 2018 have led to not only higher producer prices but also a loss of jobs across the U.S. — particularly in manufacturing. A previous analysis also found that tariffs have cost the U.S. $42 billion so far.

“In terms of manufacturing employment, rising input costs and retaliatory tariffs each contribute to the negative relationship, and the contribution from these channels more than offsets a small positive effect from import protection,” the new Fed study stated.

“For producer prices, the relative increases associated with tariffs are due solely to the rising input cost channel. We find little evidence for a relationship between industrial production and any of the three tariff channels considered.”

(Source).

See also: 'Backfire Economics – Trump’s Tariffs Are Hurting US Farmers and Workers and Putting the Entire Economy at Risk.'

Last edited:

I was going to ask how ammo production was going as an article I posted earlier mentioned Ukraine was using 90,000 artillery shells a month and "the west" was producing 60,000 (30k US, 30k everyone else) so we're running our stocks down.

That clip mentions Ukraine is now up to 150,000k a month! (5k a day) and US is looking to ramp up production to 90k (3x current production).

No mention of RoW production, which I imagine is being ramped up too, but still looks like there's a deficit going on.

Last edited:
Bit late for that, would everyone be happy to pay double or triple for goods?

Most UK goods are now made in China, imported back and stamped with 'British brand' labelling on it.

Trump tried to stop this and received a crazy amount of backlash for it.

Actually I would pay more and try to source stuff made in Europe if not UK. Obviously it it is not always possible but in general **** the Chinese.

Likely skimping on maintenance/old airframes.
And training/flight hours.

Even before Russia invaded Ukraine it was noted that Russian pilots were often woefully under what most armed forces consider the minimum number of flight hours to retain their certification, from memory some of Russia's "elite" pilots were known to be getting less time in the air than the US consider to be the bare minimum to keep up competency for reserve pilots (and that is quite low, something like 6-12 hours a month per type, but the US also makes a lot of use of simulators).
I think it was being noted years ago that whilst Russia has a lot of aircraft, their budget for fuel and maintenance meant they couldn't afford to fly them enough, and that was before any effects of corruption.

It's getting messy around Bakhmut. :(

Russian offensives on Yahidne not successful, say Ukrainian armed forces

Ukraine’s military said that Russia conducted unsuccessful offensives near Yahidne over the past day, after Russia’s Wagner mercenary group claimed to have captured the village in eastern Ukraine near the focus on intense fighting.

The General Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces said in a morning update that Russia keeps concentrating its offensive efforts along the entire Bakhmut frontline, were Yahidne is located.

Russian mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin said on Saturday his forces had captured Yahidne. On Friday, he had claimed control of Berkhivka, an adjacent village on the outskirts of Bakhmut.

But the Ukrainian bulletin said attacks were continuing, citing “unsuccessful offensives” near six settlements, including Yahidne and Berkhivka, in the Donetsk region, which Moscow claims to have annexed.

(Source).

Ukraine can't hold it forever.

Bit late for that, would everyone be happy to pay double or triple for goods?

Most UK goods are now made in China, imported back and stamped with 'British brand' labelling on it.

Would that be the same Trump that that got all his MAGA gear made in China then got caught ripping off the made in China labels and sewing in made in USA ones?

Actually I would pay more and try to source stuff made in Europe if not UK. Obviously it it is not always possible but in general **** the Chinese.

I agree, but that would increase poverty in the UK yet again. I also try and buy products made in the UK/Europe, but it's pretty damn difficult. I can't think of much stuff that I've bought recently that was made in the UK, even with them being British companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom