Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask how ammo production was going as an article I posted earlier mentioned Ukraine was using 90,000 artillery shells a month and "the west" was producing 60,000 (30k US, 30k everyone else) so we're running our stocks down.

That clip mentions Ukraine is now up to 150,000k a month! (5k a day) and US is looking to ramp up production to 90k (3x current production).

No mention of RoW production, which I imagine is being ramped up too, but still looks like there's a deficit going on.
The 6k of rounds a day Ukraine is using is using a mixture of different shell types from NATO 155's and Soviet era 152's shells, 120 and 82 mortar rounds so the replenishment is just tied to how many 155's the west can produce but all artillery types. There are photo's going around showing Ukraine using naked 152 shells i.e. shells that have been recently manufactured but not powder coated so it does look like Ukraine is able to produce some munitions itself (or could be new stocks other ex Warsaw pact countries) and the west can draw down on it's stocks of 155 shells whilst it works on ramping up production. I don't think Ukraine will run out of ammo any time soon but it will have to fight at a level that can be sustained which impacts how intense they can press and fight back.

False flagging perhaps?
Its why Belarus has never entered Ukraine despite Putin trying his hardest to get them on side.

The Belarus troops simply wont do it.

I an just wondering what they will do when Putin tries to annex Belarus like he is saying now, will the people accept it? It could go either way

The 6k of rounds a day Ukraine is using is using a mixture of different shell types from NATO 155's and Soviet era 152's shells, 120 and 82 mortar rounds so the replenishment is just tied to how many 155's the west can produce but all artillery types. There are photo's going around showing Ukraine using naked 152 shells i.e. shells that have been recently manufactured but not powder coated so it does look like Ukraine is able to produce some munitions itself (or could be new stocks other ex Warsaw pact countries) and the west can draw down on it's stocks of 155 shells whilst it works on ramping up production. I don't think Ukraine will run out of ammo any time soon but it will have to fight at a level that can be sustained which impacts how intense they can press and fight back.
I refer the rt honourable poster to a perun video made some weeks ago :)

But Mariupol ? It no longer really exists as a city and to get there would require you to either go through Russia or cross literal no mans land on the Ru/Ukraine front lines lol

If Mariupol no longer really exists as a city, I have to question why companies are still offering holidays there. Which airlines are still flying to Mariupoi?

If Mariupol no longer really exists as a city, I have to question why companies are still offering holidays there. Which airlines are still flying to Mariupoi?

Suffice to say there are no civilian airlines in and out of any part of Ukraine currently but there seems to be active bus and train services around and to/from Mariupol - war is a strange thing sometimes.

In the early days of the war one of my cousin's friends was stuck in Melitopol with their young daughter after the Russians had already occupied it - managed to get out through Russia using public transport and flew back to the UK via Turkey.

Last edited:
Gonna be an interesting few days for Bakhmut and what happens next.

I see some info about UKR counterattacking from above the Russians in the North as to cut their new Northern spearhead off almost completely. No idea if this is true, but would seem like a miracle move and I am extremely skeptical.

Guess we will see soon, but again... I'm very doubtful.

Last edited:
Cannot wait to see footage of Russians finding out just how devasting a HESH round actually is against subpar armour.

Never was a fan of the push towards smoothbore for penny pinching (barrel life) and sabot round benefit.

This may be the last time an MBT with a gun that exists to fire HESH shells gets used since it's already decided that the rifled guns of the C2 tanks are going in the bin in the coming years to be replaced with the same smoothbore gun that every other major NATO tank uses.

*China Foreign Ministry, on Ukraine’s Zelenskiy Saying Would Welcome Talks With China: We Have Always Maintained Communication With All Sides Including Ukraine
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...-with-all-sides-including-ukraine-2023-02-27/

*Kremlin: Declines to Comment on U.S. Media Report That China Is Considering Transferring Drones to Russia
*Kremlin: Chinese Peace Plan on Ukraine Should Be Analysed in Detail, Taking Interest of All Sides Into Account
*Kremlin: Worried About Situation in Pro-Russian Breakaway Region Of Moldova
*Kremlin: Situation in Transdniestria Is Not Calm and Is Being Stirred Up by External Forces
*Kremlin: Crimea Is An Inalienable Part Of Russia
*Kremlin: Russia Currently Does Not See Any Prerequisites For A Peaceful Solution To The Situation Around Ukraine, And Special Military Operations Will Continue
https://www.reuters.com/world/kreml...ace-plan-should-be-studied-detail-2023-02-27/
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...tuation-breakaway-moldovan-region-2023-02-27/

*U.S. Official: Russia’s Decision to Suspend Participation in New Start Nuclear Arms Control Treaty Shows It Is ‘Not a Responsible Nuclear Power’
*German Foreign Minister: Putin’s Announcement on New START Suspension Is Irresponsible, He Must Be Urged to Come Back
https://www.reuters.com/world/russi...ding-new-start-treaty-us-official-2023-02-27/

Last edited:
I'd hazard a guess that Ukraine would be supplied with the non DU L28 rather the the L27a1 Charm3? The Export round that the Oman CR2's use, made of tungsten rather than DU, I could be wrong though.
I'd imagine they will also be supplied with HESH, but more for anti structure and lighter armour/vehicles (BMP's and the like).
Very much looking forward to seeing what kind of impact the CR2's have on the battle. Great to see they have been making good use of the Stormer recently, can only guess they have had a recent restock of missiles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom