Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, but it's forcing the West to increase production capacity which I wouldn't say is a good outcome for Beijing especially if it means China dealing with dozens of possible warlords if Russia actually succeeds in crumbling.

Absolutely. This has also shown how little depth of equipment/munitions and more importantly production lines we in the West have.

Last edited:

Are tensions emerging between US and Ukraine?

After Vladimir Putin sent his troops into neighbouring Ukraine, the US alongside other Western allies did not hesitate to stand with them.
Over the last year, the US has provided critical support to the country, with President Joe Biden vowing to show his nation's "unwavering support" for the war-torn country.
But now there appears to be growing differences behind the scenes between Washington and Kyiv on war aims, POLTICO reports, citing sources in the White House administration.
The news outlet said based on conversations with 10 officials, lawmakers and experts, both nations were trying to maintain unity but "fractures" and "new points of tension" were appearing.
It also reported multiple administration officials had "begun worrying that Ukraine is expending so much manpower and ammunition in Bakhmut", which remains the focal point of the war.
There have been moments of frustration about Washington's delivery of weapons to Ukraine and though most in the administration have been understanding about Kyiv's defence aims, there have been "grumblings" about the constant weapons requests, White House officials told the news outlet.
Speaking on the crisis, Michael McCaul, chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said: "The administration doesn't have a clear policy objective and a clear goal. Is it to drag this thing out, which is precisely what Vladimir Putin wants?”
"Is it to just give them enough to survive and not to win? I don't see a policy for victory right now, and if we don’t have that, then what are we doing?"
With the war in its second year, the US remains in lockstep with Ukraine but "whispers have begun" about how tenable this relationship will be as the war continues, the news outlet adds.

Then the West need to step up then because you can't have it both way, providing just enough to stalemate the war and somehow magically expect Ukraine to gain loads.

I expect the US want Ukraine to give us huge chunks of land only the gain it later when the Russian line collapses, but if it doesn't...then what?

I think it's understandable that there would be some disquiet about the meatgrinder (for both sides...) that is Bakhmut. Pretty sure if it was western forces fighting there then the casualties would be too much.

I sense China would assist Russia, albeit indirectly at first if the war was turned around this year AND Putin threatened. And just as China always does, would deny grass is green and sky blue (looks at Xinjiang 'vocational education and training centers'), until the inevitable statements like we saw with Russia helping Syria, "a friendly partner asked for help", "limited support", "air support" blah blah until they're working hand in hand. Then what? Does the West match that? Or we split Ukraine in half with a German East/West solution of sort to avoid WW3. I just don't see how it'll end any other way with the current level of help.

Or I'm totally wrong, China will provide financial support to Russia only, bleed for cheaper and cheaper oil until several years pass and then pull out. Leaving the West to rebuild a destroyed nation, which it will be by then, totally and utterly mined to hell.

ICC is about to start issuing arrest warrants for Russians accused of war crimes

I think it's understandable that there would be some disquiet about the meatgrinder (for both sides...) that is Bakhmut. Pretty sure if it was western forces fighting there then the casualties would be too much.

Are there any reliable figures of actual losses, I'm only seeing fairly tale figures like 200 Ukrainians killed versus 10000 russian or something like that. I would expect a higher ratio by virtue of defending but is it really that skewed? I would have thought indiscriminate artillery use would pump up both sides?

Only a matter of time now before these bad boys come to town :cool:
How does that work with artillery as I presume it's still subject to vulnerability there? And it seems like the Russians have not learned a lot from WW1 and just bombing the **** out of everything. Or are these tanks more strategically used? I'm curious as to what they will bring, are they a game changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom