Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't think this war is going to go away any time soon or Russia is going to be too depleted of equipment/ammo to support it either, or that we can essentially ignore it and it will mostly not affect us as quite a lot of every day people seem to be switching to.
Putins in to deep, he will never quit.

If he isn't falling out window anytime soon then this war is never ending any time soon.

Everyone can see the damage this war is doing to Russia, but who is brave enough in the kremlim to stop him.

I would like to think thats true but tbh its very far from the truth.

We are helping Ukraine because we know Putin is trying to bring back the old USSR and with it the iron curtain.

For NATO this is about more than Ukraine its about all the countries that would leave our sphere of influence and be back in the pockets of Russia firmly behind the new iron curtain.

Don't think for one minute NATO is doing this solely for Ukraine. We simply cant let Russia control the whole of t Eastern Europe again.

Partly it is due to the Budapest Memorandum - signatories of that can't really ignore it without eroding the value of making future endeavours in that respect. The US also has huge self-interest in seeing Russia bleed. For a lot of eastern NATO states their involvement is a reaction to seeing what the reality of being under Russia's thumb is really like and understanding the consequences of not nipping this in the bud now - for most of the rest I get the impression they are more being dragged along for fear of being shamed rather than doing it for the right reasons and understanding the bigger picture :(

Dont they use snatch Squads to pick them up? A Bosnian war criminal was snatched by the SAS code name tango and brought to justice.

It was Tony Blair who decided to act as the other leaders were all pussying about in bringing them to justice.
Try it against a Russia, the outcome would be war .

Partly it is due to the Budapest Memorandum - signatories of that can't really ignore it without eroding the value of making future endeavours in that respect.
Doubly so in the case of the USA, as not only were they one of the nations who promised to aid Ukraine if Russia ever attacked them but it was the USA who under the Obama presidency pressured Ukraine into scrapping all their Scud missiles/launchers and production facilities (in order to gain political credit with Putin), this is even more embarrassing for president Biden personally because as Obama's VP he was involved in the negotiations to remove what would have been a deterrent to any Russian invasion (Putin only invaded because he mistook Ukraine for an easy prey, if they still had hundreds of missiles capable of hitting Moscow he would never have had the balls).

this is even more embarrassing for president Biden personally because as Obama's VP he was involved in the negotiations to remove what would have been a deterrent to any Russian invasion

I'm not sure he is embarrassed by it - behind the image he portrays Biden loves a good war. Getting Ukraine to look weak enticing Russia would go hand in hand with his meddling in the ME as VP which has set the ground for conflict(s).

Dont they use snatch Squads to pick them up? A Bosnian war criminal was snatched by the SAS code name tango and brought to justice.
That's kind of the thing though, they're okay with snatching them from "little countries" that they know won't do anything about it. It's similar to how in the mid to late 20th century Israel abducted/tried/executed numerous Nazis from countries like Argentina, but they never had the balls to go after ones the USA was harbouring.

It's also worth noting that while Russia don't recognise the ICC, neither do the USA (as doing so would limit their soldiers "flexibility in battle"). Thus far this has prevented the ICC from attempting to try any US war crimes in the middle east out of fear of angering the USA, so it will be interesting to see how they approach this, though I doubt they will be as afraid of Russian sanctions as they are US sanctions xD

Russia begins plans to conscript another 400k soldiers

Even if they gain the territory they want, Russia is absolutely screwed going forward having lost so many in this age range. At best they’ll have to sell out to the Chinese to keep the population afloat.

Daily Mail = "We'll just say whatever we want to sell papers/ads, the truth doesn't really matter".

Not really if you read it the article the source come from Kyiv independant lets be honest things are not good right now sadly. :(

As article says these are from Ukraine soldiers they need more artilerry most of the deaths are not from guns but artilerry / tanks/ aviation on Ukraine side.

Last edited:
DONETSK OBLAST – Just days before heading back to fight in the Battle of Bakhmut, a Ukrainian soldier Volodymyr, 54, said he felt ill-prepared.

"When they drive us to Bakhmut, I already know I'm being sent to death," Volodymyr told the Kyiv Independent during his brief stay in Kramatorsk, a city in Donetsk Oblast some 25 kilometers west of the front line.

Volodymyr, an infantryman from the 93rd Mechanized Brigade, said he struggled to eat after fighting in Bakhmut for months. He looked shaken as he talked.

For two months, Volodymyr's unit was tasked with guarding Bakhmut against small Russian assault groups creeping into the city. The brigade was constantly under mortar fire as soldiers were outdoors where shrapnels could wound or kill them at any moment.

"(The Russians) keep firing at us, but we don't have artillery – so we have nothing to attack them back with," Volodymyr said. "I don't know if I will return or not. We are just getting killed."

Ukrainian infantrymen interviewed by the Kyiv Independent described the fighting in Bakhmut as a desperate survival challenge against Russia's "infinite" stocks of artillery munitions and manpower. With just their machine guns and rifles, they say they braced relentless Russian mortar and artillery attacks until their hideout was eventually destroyed.

Volodymyr is haunted by the thoughts of his comrades killed in Bakhmut. He recalls a 29-year-old comrade whom he found lying dead after shrapnel hit the young man's head at a position.

"I knew he was dead, but I just kept wrapping his head (with bandages)," Volodymyr said.

Russian forces outnumber the Ukrainians two to three times on the Bakhmut front, with approximately 20,000 to 30,000 troops fighting in the area, according to Mykola, a staff sergeant from the 28th Mechanized Brigade.

If Russia keeps up its current pace of attacks, "it could be a few weeks, and that's it," Mykola said about the fight for Bakhmut.

Not really if you read it the article the source come from Kyiv independant lets be honest things are not good right now sadly. :(

As article says these are from Ukraine soldiers they need more artilerry most of the deaths are not from guns but artilerry / tanks/ aviation on Ukraine side.

I don't really know what to say here other than, Russia is going all out in Bakhmut, so it really isn't surprising that there are more death's. Well established defense lines have been broken, so it's now more adhoc. The soldier on the ground won't know the overall plan. It's not an excuse, but a reality.

I think most of us are wondering when/if Ukraine are actually going to do something about it, and make a big push, rather than just play the defense game.

Last edited:

Strange because all comments on here make it sound like Russia is doing nothing and are useless. Sad reality is they are doing something.

Can only hope it ends sooner rather than later.

Strange because all comments on here make it sound like Russia is doing nothing and are useless. Sad reality is they are doing something.
The worrying thing is that it's the Kyiv Independent reporting how bad things are going for the Ukrainian forces, so as bad as it is you know it's still sugar coated :(

Plenty of comments stating the Russians are strategically and tactically useless, yes. Comments saying they're doing nothing? Unsure. It's been clearly acknowledged that; they're sending tens of thousands of their own troops to death, they're shelling civilian populations, they're mobilising more troops etc.

I hope it ends tomorrow with the complete withdrawal of the occupying Russian forces from the Ukranian land they illegally invaded.

I don't really know what to say here other than, Russia is going all out in Bakhmut, so it really isn't surprising that there are more death's. Well established defense lines have been broken, so it's now more adhoc. The soldier on the ground won't know the overall plan. It's not an excuse, but a reality.

I think most of us are wondering when/if Ukraine are actually going to do something about it, and make a big push, rather than just play the defense game.

And hope they are using this time for a counteroffensive there or elsewhere. Otherwise where is all the equipment/why haven’t we supplied more?

Strange because all comments on here make it sound like Russia is doing nothing and are useless.

They can be that whilst also having enough men to cause Ukraine to run out of ammunition.

Last edited:

I *expected* Russia to steamroll the whole of Ukraine in a few weeks....maybe a month.

What Russia have actually done is expose themselves as far less-effective than they seemed to be prior to the invasion.

Very awkward that it's turned into artillery spamming.

Means they've dug in enough and brought in enough guns that moving the line will be very hard.

There's estimates of 5 to 1 losses for the russians attacking, well it will look considerably worse if the ukranians are not in defensive positions and are trying to attack into so much prepared artillery.

If russia digs in to cement the land down to Crimea the cost of artillery and minefields miles deep is incredibly cheap and requires WW1 grade technology. Could even get tips from North Korea.

A sprinkling of precision western weapons cannot break that tactic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom