Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I should mention at this point that while ramming a surveillance drone out of the sky over international waters is pretty bad form, shooting down an actual manned aircraft would be an extreme escalation, the USA aren't stupid.

Last edited:
I feel I should mention at this point that while ramming a surveillance drone out of the sky over international waters is pretty bad form, shooting down an actual manned aircraft would be an extreme escalation, the USA aren't stupid.

These sort of shenanigans have been going on for years, look at China in South China Sea harassing ships, in physical confrontations, shining powerful lasers at the crew. Essentially same thing going on in the skies. Just enough to rightly **** off America but not an outright attack. Plausible deniability in the public domain, absolutely transparent behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Interesting offer from Finland.

They are replacing their fleet of a few dozen F18 with F35 but the F35 are only arriving in 2025.

So now Finland is saying it will consider donating it's F18's to Ukraine if it can get the F35's sooner

Last edited:

They are replacing their fleet of a few dozen F18 with F35 but the F35 are only arriving in 2025.

So now Finland is saying it will consider donating it's F18's to Ukraine if it can get the F35's sooner

Nice. There's been a real uptick in videos of Russian AA being destroyed the last week or two. Could be in preparation for attempting air dominance.

Last edited:
After clip from that fight of the 2 guys in a trench defending against a Russian armoured vehicle:

Was a BMP-2

I'd be a bit wary of holding that position, at least without modification, given the coordinates and so on are widely shared on the internet now.

EDIT: That channel isn't very good for accurate information though - looks like they are re-sharing stuff from elsewhere indiscriminately.

Last edited:
After clip from that fight of the 2 guys in a trench defending against a Russian armoured vehicle:

Was a BMP-2

I'd be a bit wary of holding that position, at least without modification, given the coordinates and so on are widely shared on the internet now.

EDIT: That channel isn't very good for accurate information though - looks like they are re-sharing stuff from elsewhere indiscriminately.
Someone tell me AFU already left those trenches otherwise that is a literal life loser.

That's kinda old news (as in a few days ago) from the Finnish PM, it's not clear how serious the offer is yet as she may be saying that but is unable to deliver if the rest of the government isn't on board with it.

Last edited:
No idea what/who/why but bunch of Russian government planes flying out of locations where the government have bunkers into Moscow.

The prop on a reaper is located at the back, they would have to have rammed/clipped it from behind to damage it.
WW2 Spitfire and Hurricane pilots used to fly their wings under the wings of V1 flying bombs crossing the channel and bank away thus hitting the wing of the bomb and tipping it out of the sky - no idea if thats what happened here or even if it would work with a modern flying drone but it's one way to do it.

WW2 Spitfire and Hurricane pilots used to fly their wings under the wings of V1 flying bombs crossing the channel and bank away thus hitting the wing of the bomb and tipping it out of the sky - no idea if thats what happened here or even if it would work with a modern flying drone but it's one way to do it.

That only worked because of the "dumb" nature of a V1. The guidance was to fly forwards in level flight for about 150 miles then cut the engine for precision good enough to hit a city most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom