Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Turkey Is Planning to Approve Finland’s NATO Bid, Independently From Sweden, Ahead of Elections on May 14 -Two Turkish Officials
*Turkey’s Parliament Will Likely Ratify Finland’s NATO Accession Bid Before It Closes Mid-April -Two Turkish Officials

*Danish Finance Ministry: Govt Has Agreed to Establish DKK 7 Bln Ukraine Fund Aimed at Civil, Military and Business Aid

*China Defence Ministry: China, Iran and Russia Conduct Maritime Drills in Gulf of Oman From March 15-19
*Russia’s Energy Min Shulginov: Russian Oil Production to Decrease in 2023 — TASS
*Russia’s Energy Min Shulginov: Russian Natural Gas Production to Continue Declining in 2023 — Interfax

Last edited:
I think Turkey are going to get told to do one. Everyone else wants Finland and Sweden to join at the same time. Erdogan is mostly waving his willy ahead of elections. Had that utter bell end not burned a Koran in front of the Turkish embassy I think it would all have been squared away by now :(

Not very interesting to most people but the ARTEMIS platform intel aircraft (currently one snooping around the Baltics) are now being identified publicly as ARTEMIS - when before all the public details were generic and the system was still kind of half kept secret.

These things have crazy capabilities - can track an individual vehicle from half a country away...

EDIT: Interesting amount of intel aircraft and related air traffic up this morning - something likely has prompted that - especially the Baltics/Belarus getting some attention.

Last edited:
Russia begins plans to conscript another 400k soldiers

Yeah I don't think this war is going to go away any time soon or Russia is going to be too depleted of equipment/ammo to support it either, or that we can essentially ignore it and it will mostly not affect us as quite a lot of every day people seem to be switching to.

As an aside IIRC that is about their normal draft - first 1-2 weeks of April and October they've always had a draft of around 300K for mandatory military service.

The build up to Ukraine was a bit different because they drafted 10s of thousands outside the normal ones - something many commentators seem to have missed when talking about the depletion of the regular Russian army in context of losses in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Are there any reliable figures of actual losses, I'm only seeing fairly tale figures like 200 Ukrainians killed versus 10000 russian or something like that. I would expect a higher ratio by virtue of defending but is it really that skewed? I would have thought indiscriminate artillery use would pump up both sides?
The Ukrainians have the high ground and the story goes (in war generality not just this one) that the attackers need 5 to 1 ratio when attacking to gain ground.

So I would say that yes the ratio of Russians, or Wagner mercs been ground up in the grinder will be as high if not higher than that.

It does not matter they withdrew from that, just means that they cant travel to countries that have signed up, and many countries will not arrest high ranking officials if they are from a powerful country.
Which country would arrest Putin. This is for those people that are not in power.
Dont they use snatch Squads to pick them up? A Bosnian war criminal was snatched by the SAS code name tango and brought to justice.

It was Tony Blair who decided to act as the other leaders were all pussying about in bringing them to justice.

*Kirby: US Drone In Black Sea Has Not Been Recovered Yet
*Kirby: US Told Russian Ambassador Russians Need To Be More Careful
*Kirby: US Sought To Avoid Drone From Getting Into Wrong Hands
*Kirby: US Is Reviewing "Imagery" Collected Around Drone Incident
*Kirby: Drone May Never Be Recovered From Black Sea

Last edited:
Basically, one of the main reasons western governments are backing Ukraine so strongly, is that because Ukraine are being invaded by an aggressor state the public opinion here is very strongly in favour of helping Ukraine.
I would like to think thats true but tbh its very far from the truth.

We are helping Ukraine because we know Putin is trying to bring back the old USSR and with it the iron curtain.

For NATO this is about more than Ukraine its about all the countries that would leave our sphere of influence and be back in the pockets of Russia firmly behind the new iron curtain.

Don't think for one minute NATO is doing this solely for Ukraine. We simply cant let Russia control the whole of t Eastern Europe again.

I don't know what a US response to their drone being deliberately downed would be.
For a drone to accidently crash into a Russian plane perhaps, Eye for an eye and all that.

I cant see the yanks letting it go tbh, they will be seething about it, you know they dont like to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom